Location: Macquarie Park Surrounds
Salary: $70k - $80k + super
Role Benefit: Take ownership and be a key team member; develop and hone your skills; supportive work environment; highly profitable and growing organisation; vibrant and energetic team environment.
This Treasury Accountant will be part of an intimate, yet high performing team, reporting directly to the Treasury Manager and Finance Manager. Main function of this role is to perform the daily, weekly and monthly treasury and transactional banking tasks.
The Treasury Accountant has primary responsibility to ensure that all treasury and payment deadlines are actioned and met.
The key to succeed in this Treasury Accountant role is to apply a challenging mindset. You will be a great communicator, highly enthusiastic and effectively handle difficult situations with a positive mind set.
- Treasury and Transactional Banking Activities
- Loading daily payments and transfers into the banking portal
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations, prepare the daily and weekly cash flow management
- Perform the accounting entries to reflect the daily banking entries
- Prompt follow up with the Group Shared Services and New Zealand team when items return unpaid to the bank account, ensuring they are re-banked and resolved within the week
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly treasury journals including the revaluation, interest expense, interest accruals, swaps and derivatives
- Foreign exchange deal confirmations
- Support the accounting team with weekly accrual and wages journals
- Perform the general ledger reconciliations for inventory, fixed assets and other reconciliations assigned
- Review the sub ledgers to general ledger balances weekly to ensure there are no reconciling items and if they are escalate to IT to investigate and resolve
- Provide general support to the accounting team and support to the treasury manager on projects.
You have an accounting degree with Treasury experience and preferably studying towards a CA or CPA. You may be in a similar role in a corporate organisation with preferably Big 4 background. Technically, your skills are strong and you wish to expand them within a FMCG / Manufacturing environment. Your verbal and written communication skills are one of your strengths and you feel confident navigating and working with data in Excel. You are also passionate about finance and have a positive, upbeat personality.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
Company is going through substantial growth; every day presents new and exciting challenges in a dynamic environment. People enjoy working for this organisation due to its commitment to excellence and continuous development. This is highlighted through the investment in its team members and its culture of fostering growth in a warm and supportive environment.
With a positive attitude, you can pursue your passion, grow your career and contribute to a business who is dedicated to providing the best quality products.
- ASX listed, brand name organisation, market leader in Australia
- Generous Package: $70k - $80k + super
- High performance culture in a supportive environment; parking on-site
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Sharlini Rajasingham, quoting reference number SRTA4778 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.