Salary: $100k - $120k + Super + Bonus
Role Benefit: Market leader, extensive training and development, strong career progression
Reporting into the Senior Treasury Manager - Hedge Accounting, this Senior Treasury Accountant's focus will be to ensure the accuracy of hedge accounting results and to carry out analysis to highlight the impact on the hedging P&L and Balance Sheet results. A large part of this role will have an operational accounting focus where the Senior Treasury Accountant will ensure that the accounting entries at a business unit level meet the requirements of AASB 9. Beyond the day to day, this role will have a significant involvement in key projects hence giving you an ability to develop a strong stakeholder management skillset.
This organisation employs the best of the best and have an environment that promotes growth and development. The successful candidate will have a myriad of growth opportunities in 18 - 24 months within and outside the treasury accounting team.
* Assist with review of operational procedures including correct hedge accounting implications.
* Review designation and de-designation of hedges for compliance to AASB9
* Liaise with and advise Treasury deal makers on hedging issues.
* Assist with performing daily and monthly swap reconciliations and ensure accuracy of swap documentation.
* Prepare monthly accounting journals
* Perform monthly reconciliations of hedging internal database to the general ledger
* Support the deal and hedge relationships capture, including designation of swaps in hedge relationships
* Prepare and review all accounting entries for futures hedges.
* Provide analysis to Management on P&L and BS movements and impacts.
* Prepare and reconcile year end and half year end accounting entries
Culture & Benefits
With a strong focus on values and behaviours, this organisation's focus is being the best they can be in all they do. The Treasury Accounting team is highly diverse and engaged throughout the business with a real focus on continuous improvement in the processes they manage.
* Generous salary package and benefits on offer
* Join a highly engaged and collaborative team culture
* State of the art CBD offices
The successful applicant who takes this role will be fast tracked through the corporate ranks and thus will require a career focused attitude.
You are currently CPA/CA qualified with extensive Treasury Accounting experience as per IAS 9 from a banking environment. Experience from a product control environment will be highly regarded but is not a must. Systems savviness will be highly critical to your success in this role.
Technically, your skills are strong and your thirst for continuous improvement will ensure you can deliver incremental improvements to reporting processes and create value for the organisation. Your verbal and written communication skills are one of your strengths and this will allow you to create strong relationships with your business stakeholders.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Tom Betteridge quoting reference number TBSTA4481 in the subject line.