- Global presence; diverse group of companies; strong Australian market
- Be rewarded with $85 - 95K + Super
- Flexible work arrangement; growing team; opportunity to develop
Location: Melbourne CBD
Salary package: $85-95K + Super
Role highlights: Global services provider seeking a Senior Payroll Officer to join a tight-knit national team. Exciting prospective for company growth; 6 month FTC with view to permanency
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Senior Payroll Officer will be joining a team of 5x to support the national payroll processing. You will provide solutions, analyse and resolve complex issues and provide quality production of complex payroll activities. Essentially, you will ensure the accurate and timely payroll, with the assistance of other payroll officers, for over 3500 staff across the business. The successful candidate will have had extensive exposure in a high-volume environment, have strong technical experience with the payroll system Preceda as well as proven confidence in interpreting complex awards.
The Senior Payroll Specialist will also be involved in all aspects of payroll processes and system improvements, internal and external audit and coaching of other payroll specialists within the team. In addition, your technical payroll experience will be strong as you will be involved in liaising with multiple stakeholders in the business.
As the Senior Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Full-function payroll for Monthly, salaried employees.
- Assist with the processing and maintenance of the weekly and fortnightly payroll
- Payroll reconciliation
- Remit monthly superannuation contribution
- EOF & EOM reporting
- Review current payroll processes and make process improvement recommendations
- Prepare and process requests received such as purchased annual leave, parental leave and salary sacrifice.
- Previous experience using Preceda v15 is essential
You are currently a Senior Payroll Officer with 3-5 years’ experience looking for a new challenge or a Payroll Officer looking for the next step up. You will have had extensive experience in full-function payroll. You are comfortable with interpreting awards and EBA’s and have a strong desire to excel in your career as a payroll professional. To be successful in the role, you will be self-motivated, have strong communication skills and be adaptable to change. You are excited at the prospects of growth and are keen to up-skill.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
As a leading global services provider, the company has a strong presence within the market and they pride themselves on their strong culture of internal promotions. This group of companies places key importance on its staff and their development and is currently going through a rapid growth, with its payroll expected to double in the next 2 years. Additional benefits include:
- Flexible/partial working from home options
- Close to public transport
- Community month; give back to the locals
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is #NGPO5388. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.