- Top 5 in the construction industry; Global presence; high-performing culture
- Be rewarded with $80k - $90k + Super + Parking
- Parking available onsite; strong collaborative environment; energetic team
Location: Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Competitive salary: $80k – $90k + Super + Benefits + Parking
Role highlight: Australia’s market leader in the construction sector is seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Officer to make an impact in their business during a period of growth.
This Senior Payroll Officer will be directly reporting to the Payroll Manager and be part of a medium sized finance team. Your overall mandate will be to manage the full function of the payroll function for over 200+ employees. As the Senior Payroll Officer, you will be interpreting awards and multiple enterprise bargaining agreements (EBAs). This Senior Payroll Officer will be responsible for duties including: setting up new starters and finishers, calculating superannuation and terminations. In addition to your role, you will be managing payroll queries from internal and external queries.
You must have an extensive understanding of EBAs and is confident in using manual systems to process payroll. Excellent communication skills are crucial in this role as you will be involved in connecting with customer and key stakeholders. Your ability to demonstrate your high attention to detail is one of your key strengths. This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Payroll Officer to add value in a growing business.
As the Senior Payroll Officer you will be responsible for the following:
- Processing weekly payroll for 200+ employees
- Managing employee expenses in a timely manner
- Interpreting relevant awards and multiple enterprise bargaining agreements
- Maintaining contractor files and records
- Calculating payroll tax, superannuation, leave entitlements
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide excellent business partnering
- Respond to all mail box inquiries and incoming calls from contractors
- Construct reports and provide payroll/ HR insights
- Managing system issues promptly aligned with company standards and policies
- Adhoc duties
You are currently a Senior Payroll Officer with a solid experience in end to end payroll duties. You will be comfortable in working in high volume environments whilst working part of a supportive team. Across your career, you have proven to interpret awards and dealt with multiple EBAs. This will be a determining factor in being successful in the role. Candidates that possess experience in the construction industry will be highly regarded. Some of your key strengths will include the ability to effectively liaise with key stakeholders. This Senior Payroll Officer must be able to process data through recognised payroll systems. In addition, candidates that have past experience in system implementation will also be highly regarded.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This is an opportunity for a candidate to join a global company with a national Australian presence. This organisation values candidates that have come from a high volume in their previous work. Be rewarded with $80k – $90k + Super with parking onsite. The company is located in a prime location in Parramatta/ Western suburbs, this will suit candidates seeking to work close to home.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below addressing “Bhrizel Del Rosario”, quoting reference number BD4959 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.