Rate: $40-45 p/h + super
Role benefit: Stand-alone role; breadth of responsibilities; immediate start; parking onsite.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this Senior Payroll Officer is a key role in providing end to end ownership around payroll and shaping opportunities for the business. The Senior Payroll Officer has primary day-to-day responsibility for the processing of monthly payroll for 750x staff, ensuring compliance with all returns, regulations and legislative requirements and shaping best practice across the payroll remit.
The key success factor will be your customer service and continuous improvement mindset where you show the ability to immerse yourself in the business and passionately grow your connectedness with stakeholders across the business.
- Processing of end to end payroll for approx. 750 FTE across 5x different entities, including quarterly incentive payments.
- Familiarity and confidence in handling multiple payments runs monthly and weekly. Due to this your time management skills will need to be exceptional.
- Perform all month end reporting and compliance requirements and work closely with the finance function to ensure the timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of payroll accounts
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of PAYG, superannuation, termination payments as required
- Work collaboratively with the business and insurers relating to workers compensation claims
- Maintain the accuracy of the payroll and employee self-service system including employee records, hierarchy changes, system improvement opportunities etc
- Deliver various ad hoc business and group reporting requirements
- Drive continuous improvement and value add opportunities around employee benefits, cost base etc such as initiatives to improve the cost/benefit value of various benefits provided across the business
- Be highly customer focused in delivering and evolving a best practice payroll function
You are a forward thinking and energetic payroll professional that is looking to elevate their career in a growing organisation and in a role where you can stamp your own value.
You bring broad experience in all aspects of payroll and how you connect the function with the rest of the business. Self-motivated and passionate about being the resident expert in this area, you also have a passion for driving continuous improvement and shaping value, reflecting your ability to 'connect the dots' and act as a true business partner. As an experienced Senior Payroll Officer you will also be able to translate and be comfortable understanding multiple awards and give best practise advise to adhere to them.
Working closely with the finance function you will have a natural strength around numbers and translating what they mean to the business. As a result, an ability to use advanced formulas and pivots in Excel is a must. Previous experience using Micropay Meridian is a must have for this role and experience with Connx or Timetech would be highly regarded.
Culture & Benefits
The role is the resident guru for all aspects of payroll and will work closely with HR and Finance to drive the business forward. In a culture that prides itself around development and growth, you will be part of a hands on, agile business in fast growth, eager to drive positive change and drive success quickly.
- Make a difference - be instrumental in supporting the business and the Payroll Manager
- Be rewarded for your efforts - $40-45 p/h + super
- Freedom to deliver - unique balance of having the freedom and accountability to achieve as the guru for your area
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Nicolas Gonzalez quoting reference number NGSPO4085 in the subject line. For a confidential chat, please contact Reo on 02 8211 3488.