Location: Western Suburbs
Salary package: $90 - 100k + super + bonus
Role highlight: Join this technological, ASX listed organisation during an exciting period of growth and change management. This role will commence in 2019- start your new year with a new role.
Reporting to the Financial Manager, this Senior Financial Accountant will have end to end responsibility for driving month end completion and control, ensuring balance sheet integrity as well as the group accounting function. This position is in essence a combination of one third financial control, one third technical accounting and one third projects.
On a daily basis, your responsibilities will be to drive the month end timetable and ensure internal controls as well as the integrity of the financial statements in accordance with IFRS. As the Senior Financial Accountant you will have responsibility for the setting and maintaining of accounting policies for the group, performing technical analysis and drafting accounting advice on potential transactions and other ad hoc technical matters as they arise. You will lead the enhancement of an effective financial control framework, the preparation of statutory financial reporting, and drive for continuous improvement in reporting processes. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to shine and be placed on an early promotion path.
- Set and maintain accounting policy in line with IFRS
- Perform consolidations of all ANZ entities
- Lead technical support on finance and business projects
- Prepare statutory accounts and lead all audits
- Lead month end completion ensuring complete balance sheet integrity
- Prepare and review journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage Fixed Asset and CAPEX projects
- Ensure company policies and controls are maintained
- Implement ongoing process improvements and efficiencies
- Support the Financial Controller and Financial Manager with key business projects
You are CA or CPA qualified with strong corporate financial reporting. You may be a Senior Accountant in a corporate organisation from preferably a commercial background. Technically, your skills are strong and you wish to expand within this innovative environment. Your verbal and written communication skills are one of your strengths and you feel confident navigating and manipulating data in Excel. You are also passionate about finance and have a positive and upbeat personality.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
The business is innovative and prides itself on creating a strong and collaborative culture that supports the development of its team.
- Join in spirit - bring your energy helping the business scale
- Be rewarded for your passion - $90 - 100k + Super + Bonus
- Grow with the business - be pivotal in enabling decisions to be made in shaping performance drivers as part of a growth success story
If this sounds like you, please send your word formatted resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Maleeha Zahoor, quoting reference number MZSFA4439 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.