- Australian owned group of businesses, leading retailer, privately owned
- Be rewarded: $80-90k + Super (6 month FTC)
- Lead an established accounting team, support the FC, immediate start
Location: Sydney’s Inner West
Salary: $80-90k + Super (6 month FTC)
Role Benefit: Great opportunity to join a large privately owner retailer managing a high performing team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this Senior Financial Accountant will own the general ledger at a group level across the business and also support a range of commercial business cases and analysis. The Senior Financial Accountant has day to day responsibility for the management of a small accounting team and end to end ownership of all accounting, analysis and reporting, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of financial results and information.
This position requires a highly disciplined and analytical mindset in how you approach your work and manage your stakeholders.
- Own the delivery of month end alongside the management of the team
- Consolidation in the reporting of the entities at group level.
- Working closely with shared services and commercial partners to manage the month end results
- Drive ongoing business results reporting both on a weekly and monthly basis
- Drive analysis of results compared to prior periods and plans, working closely with stakeholders to shape insight led commentary on key business drivers
- Perform calculations supporting key balance sheet reconciliations and in finalising business results
- Provide technical analysis of all new accounting standards that may impact financial reporting
- Provide insights for inventory and stock control
- Support other compliance and governance requirements, such as relating to group reporting, audit and risk liaison
- Be a proactive and engagement team member that is collaborative and positive in attitude
You are a high performing Senior Financial Accountant looking to leverage your technical experience as well as your ability to lead a team. Technical accounting knowledge and experience a given, you are a self-starter and are happy to roll up your sleeves to get things done. You love immersing yourself in a business to shape great stakeholder relationships and build your commercial acumen.
- You are degree qualified Accountant, with a CA/ CPA qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a team of greater than 3x in finance
- SAP experience is highly regarded
- Advanced excel skills
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This role sits at the Corporate level for a large Australian group of companies and represents a great opportunity to build your career.
- Build your commercial acumen by immersing yourself with the business and stakeholders
- Be rewarded – $80-90k + Super (6 month FTC)
- Elevate your profile – be part of a large group that will provide future opportunities for growth
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this position is NGSFA5391. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call