Location: Sydney Western Suburbs
Rate: $55 p/h + Super
Role highlight: Join this innovative, listed organisation during an exciting period of growth
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this Senior Financial Accountant will have end-to-end responsibility for driving month end completion and control, ensuring balance sheet integrity as well as the group accounting function. This position is in essence a combination of one third financial control, one third technical accounting and one third projects.
On a daily basis, your responsibilities will be to drive the month end timetable and ensure internal controls as well as the integrity of the financial statements and ensure internal compliance. As the Senior Financial Accountant you will have responsibility for the setting and maintaining of accounting policies for the group, performing technical analysis and drafting accounting advice on potential transactions and other ad hoc technical matters as they arise. You will lead the enhancement of an effective financial control framework, the preparation of statutory financial reporting, and drive for continuous improvement in reporting processes.
- Set and maintain accounting policy in line with internal and external policies
- Perform consolidations of all ANZ entities
- Lead technical support on finance and business projects
- Prepare statutory accounts and lead all audits
- Lead month end completion ensuring complete balance sheet integrity
- Prepare and review journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage Fixed Assets and adhoc projects
- Ensure company policies and controls are maintained
- Implement ongoing process improvements and efficiencies
- Support the Financial Controller and Head Of Finance with key business projects
You are CA or CPA qualified with strong corporate financial reporting. You may be a Senior Accountant or Finance Manager in a corporate organisation with preferably a Big 4 background. Assistant Managers or Managers from the Big 4 or mid-tier environment with experience in auditing listed organisations are encouraged to apply. Technically, your skills are strong and you wish to expand them within a FMCG / Manufacturing environment. Your verbal and written communication skills are one of your strengths and you feel confident navigating and manipulating data in Excel. You are also passionate about finance and have a positive and upbeat personality.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This organisation is known for being people focused and prides itself on being committed to serving the consumer products industry across the world. This Senior Financial Accountant will directly support the Head of Finance and Financial Controller in managing the Finance function across the ANZ. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to join a Listed brand name in an environment that fosters an excellent work environment.
- Contract role with immediate start
- Gain exposure to a large and listed multinational business
- Parking onsite
If this sounds like you, please send your word formatted resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Nicolas Gonzalez, quoting reference number #NGSFA4472 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.