Location: North Sydney
Salary: Impressive Salary: $90k - $110k + super
Role Benefit: Take ownership and be a key influencer; develop and hone your skills; supportive work environment
This Senior Financial Accountant will be part of an intimate, yet high performing team, reporting directly to the Financial Controller. Main function of this role is to provide high quality, accurate and timely financial accounting support and financial models to ensure compliance, enhance decision-making and achieve business goals.
The Senior Financial Accountant has the primary responsibility for the preparation of financial models to support the company and its associated companies operation with relation to budgets, departmental performance analysis and company specific projects. The person will also be required to participate in project specific costings.
There will also be a large element of relationship management and team leadership.
The key to succeed in this Senior Financial Accountant role is to apply a challenging mindset, who is a forward thinker that meets deadlines and resilient. You will be a great communicator, highly enthusiastic and effectively handle difficult situations with a positive approach.
- Set and maintain accounting policy in line with internal and external policies
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Develop sound financial modelling frameworks and cash management strategies to support the future direction of the business
- Develop detailed corporate financial models and performance of valuation and credit analysis as directed
- Responsibility for the compilation, monitoring and reporting of department's key performance measures against budget performance
- Lead technical support on finance and business projects
- Prepare statutory accounts and lead all audits
- Conduct analysis of the general ledger on a monthly basis or as requested, identifying variances against budget or forecast. Providing commentary explaining material variances
- Manage risk management policies and procedures with the Financial Controller
- Lead month end completion ensuring complete balance sheet integrity, produce high quality outputs and demonstrate initiative for both your own and the team's priorities, deadlines and time management.
- Tax reporting for FBT/GST and quarterly/annual tax calculations
- Prepare and review journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure company policies and controls are maintained
- Implement ongoing process improvements and efficiencies
- Support the Financial Controller with key business projects
- Contribute to the development of a learning environment by providing ongoing coaching, support and development for fellow staff in order to improve their commercial and financial acumen
- Comply with risk management policies and procedures
- Comply with all relevant legislation, laws, regulations, standards and codes as required by the company
You are CA or CPA qualified with strong corporate financial reporting. You have been in a similar role for at least 5 years in a corporate organisation with preferably Big 4 background. Technically, your skills are strong and you wish to expand them within a utility environment. Your verbal and written communication skills are one of your strengths and you feel confident navigating and working with data in Excel. You are also passionate about finance and have a positive, upbeat personality.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
Company is going through substantial growth; every day presents new and exciting challenges in a dynamic environment. People enjoy working for this organisation due to its commitment to excellence and continuous development. This being highlighted through the investment in its team members and its culture of fostering growth in a warm and supportive environment.
With a positive attitude, you can pursue your passion, grow your career and contribute to a business who is dedicated to providing the best quality products.
- Brand name organisation, market leader and innovator in Australia
- Generous Package: $90 - $110k + super
- High performance culture in a supportive environment; close to public transport
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Sharlini Rajasingham, quoting reference number SRSFA4709 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.