- SME in Australia; Global brand name; Service Industry
- Be rewarded with $55 - 65K + Super
- Modern office; opportunities for growth; Parking on-site
Location: Western Sydney
Salary package: $55 – 65K + Super
Role highlights: High potential role within a brand name organisation. Sit within a high-performing team and feel like ‘part of the family’.
Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, the Sales Administrator will be the first point of contact to the sales team and be the driving force to this high-performing team. Sitting within a collaborative team, this newly created role will require you to be responsible for managing incoming customer enquiries and assisting the sales team with daily sales administrative activities. You will also be responsible in ensuring all information and processes are effective and accurate.
The successful Sales Administrator will require exceptional communication skills in order to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the business. In addition, you will be customer-focused and enjoy building and maintain relationships to essentially achieve desired outcomes. This may be the perfect time to join the company as they are experiencing a rapid growth phase.
As a sales administrator you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide administrative support to the sales team, ensuring all processes are implemented effectively and standards of performance attained
- Maintain all product and pricing information on central system
- Carry out a daily review of all outstanding sales orders, ensuring all orders are actioned as per schedule
- Provide quotes to customers
- Manage queries in regard to products, orders and deliveries in order to provide support to the sales representatives
- Analyse data and produce reports on a regular basis
- Admin ad hoc duties such as data entry
You are currently an experienced sales administrator looking to move into a global company or a sales assistant looking to enter the corporate world. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and will enjoy supportive the wider team to achieve a common goal. You will also thrive in a fast-paced environment where ‘no two-days are the same’ and are essentially comfortable working in a high-volume environment. In addition, you are accustomed to using Microsoft office applications such as Outlook and Excel in your daily duties. As the successful candidate you have you a passion for customers and providing exceptional customer service in an efficient and proactive manner.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
Voted the best place to work, this company really values their people. They are a key global player within the service industry and are currently going through a rapid growth phase within Australia. Their collaborative and ‘family-like’ culture is centred around producing results as they hire only the best of the best. This gives you the opportunity to shine and develop within the organisation in the future.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is DZSA5181. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.