Location: Sydney South-Eastern Suburbs
Salary: $70K - $90K + Super + Close to public transport
Role Benefit: Leverage your curiosity and internal audit experience within a commercially focussed risk assurance framework with huge opportunity for growth
Reporting to the Compliance Risk Manager, this Risk and Compliance officer will play a key role in executing the internal audit agenda within the business. Your primary day-to-day responsibility will be working within the Risk & Compliance and the broader team, this role will be responsible for assisting with the implementation and continuous development of the bank's Risk Management Framework, including identifying, evaluating, mitigating and monitoring of material risks.
The key success factor will be your ability to handle ambiguity, show curiosity and engage a broad range of stakeholders in a high exposure role.
- Evaluate governance, risk and control frameworks
- Assisting the R&C Manager with the implementation and continuous development of internal Risk management Framework.
- Shape and drive risk control reviews that align to supporting positive commercial outcomes, including financial, operational and IT controls
- Perform audit testing procedures in accordance with group risk frameworks and audit plans
- Deliver sustainable insights and recommendations on elevating the internal control framework and in managing risk in the business
- Drive ongoing follow up and action for recommendations raised and ensure alignment across all key stakeholders
- Deliver timely and effective reporting on the Risk and Compliance Programs and any breaches / incidents.
- Monitor and implement changes to the regulatory environment affecting the company and update the business of relevant changes.
- Assist in designing and developing companies Risk and Compliance Plan.
- Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders that embed a win-win outcome.
You are currently in a chartered accounting firm or similar role and looking to elevate your career in a well-regarded brand / business. CA/CPA qualified or currently studying towards, you bring a strong understanding of accounting standards and procedures to enable you to assess the commercial reality of transactions and processes in an effort to drive improvements.
You bring impeccable communication skills and show resilience and agility in the way you work. Your ability to handle ambiguity, engage and influence in a complex environment across multiple stakeholders will set you apart for success in this role.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This agile and popular Australian bank persistently focuses on delivering high growth and strong performance to benefit both customers and investors. Growing strength by strength this would be ideal place to work for an ambitious candidate looking to grow with a highly successful business.
- Immerse yourself in a passion - share the team's passion for their brand
- Rewarding remuneration - $70K - $90K + Super
- Grow your career - build your commercial acumen in a high exposure role
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Sharlini Rajasingham quoting reference number SRRCO4477 in the subject line. Please allow up to 5 working days for us to process all applications. All applicants will receive feedback from u, via either email or a telephone call.