- National presence supported by international markets; diverse group of companies
- Be rewarded with $80 - 90K + Super
- Collaborative leadership team; growing department with opportunity to develop
Location: Melbourne ‘s West
Salary package: $80 – 90K + Super
Role highlights: National infrastructure service provider seeking a Payroll/HR Specialist to join a tight-knit team. Exciting prospective for company growth; ownership of HR/payroll function
Reporting to the Financial controller and Managing Director, the Payroll/HR Specialist will be joining tight knit team to support the national Payroll function. With your in-depth experience across full function Payroll, you will provide expertise, advice and analyse to resolve complex issues and provide quality production of all payroll and some HR activities. You will ensure the accurate and timely payroll for over 200+ staff across the group of companies. The successful candidate will have had extensive exposure in a diverse multifunction environment, have strong technical experience with the payroll system Micropay Meridian, as well as proven confidence in interpreting complex awards and supporting in some HR related duties.
The Payroll/HR Specialist will also be involved in all aspects of Payroll processes and system improvements, internal and external audit and coaching/training of other employees within the team. In addition, your technical payroll experience will be strong as you will be involved in liaising with multiple stakeholders in the business including the leadership team.
As the Payroll/HR Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Process timesheets to payroll system accurately and on time to produce payments to employees for a weekly/monthly run
- Ensure payments to employees are in line with the employment contract relevant for each employee
- Managing leave requests, terminations and new employee functionalities
- Payment of payroll deductions to external party’s i.e. superannuation, child support, garnishees etc
- Ensure payroll compliances
- Set up & keep employees details up to date in the payroll system, and integrity of payroll information
- Assist IT teams with payroll project implementations
- Assist Accounting teams with providing reconciliations and schedules in a timely manner
- Assist Group HR Manager with developing and/or maintaining a suite of HR policies and procedures
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of changes and amendments to payroll related legislation and policies
- Provide ongoing training to managers and staff on existing policies and procedures
- Payroll and HR reports prepared weekly, monthly and annually as directed
- Changes and amendments to payroll related legislation and policies
- Manage recruitment as required by hiring managers
- Provide guidance on candidate and recruitment strategy selection
- Assist managers with the compilation of employee and competency matrix
- Assist managers with identifying staff training needs and co-ordination of bookings
You are currently an experience Payroll/HR specialist with 5+ years’ experience looking for a new challenge . You will have had extensive experience in full-function payroll as well as being the main point of contact for all things HR related. You are comfortable with interpreting awards and EBA’s and have a strong desire to excel in your career as a HR professional. To be successful in the role, you will be self-motivated, have strong communication skills and be adaptable to change. You are excited at the prospects of growth and are keen to up-skill.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
As a leading infrastructure services provider, the company has a strong presence within the market and they pride themselves on their strong culture. This group of companies places key importance on its staff and their development and is currently going through rapid growth.
Additional benefits include:
- Supportive working environment that promotes growth
- Parking onsite
- Supportive and collaborative leadership team with future national career prospects
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is #NGHRP5430. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.