- Top 5 in the logistics sector; growing market; significant market presence
- Be rewarded with $35p/h - $40p/h + Super - Immediate Start
- Walking distance from station; supportive leadership team; growth opportunities
Location: Sydney CBD
Competitive Rate: $35p/h – $40p/h + Super
Role highlight: Australia’s leading organisation in the logistics sector is looking for a full function Payroll Officer that is driven to make an impact and progress within their career.
This Payroll Officer will be reporting into the Payroll Manager and will support in the payroll from start to finish. You will be responsible for the processing for over 1000+ employees fortnightly and monthly. As the Payroll Officer, your duties will also include; compliance with legislation, processing workers compensation and streamlining procedures. In addition to this, your role will see you setting up new starters with varying award rates and calculating termination payments. You must have a solid understanding of complex employee awards and ideally having exposure to the logistics industry. Candidates that also have working experience using Preceda will be highly regarded.
Excellent communication skills are crucial in this role as you will be involved in connecting with customer and key stakeholders. The successful candidate demonstrates a motivated and driven attitude in effectively resolving customer enquiries. This is an excellent opportunity for a Payroll Officer to work in an environment that is rare to find. This large global business provides work-life balance and ongoing support and training.
In order to be successful for this role you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify resolutions for overdue accounts
- Responsible for managing of employee expenses in a timely manner
- Assess all payroll records and leave entitlements
- Handling up to weekly payments for employees
- Developing management reports and superannuation and contribution payments efficiently.
- Calculating payroll tax, accessing month end payroll
- Managing corporate payroll in terms of maintaining accuracy of payroll data through contracts and employee information.
- Managing customer enquiries and internal stakeholders through email and the phone.
- Managing system issues promptly aligned with company standards and policies
- Experienced in aligning relevant Awards, EBA’s and legislative standards and interpretation
As a Payroll Officer you will have demonstrated your experience in a medium to large organisation in processing end to end payroll. You will have demonstrated your ability of managing a full function; end to end payroll role. A successful candidate will have come from a strong Payroll background, 2 – 3 years minimum. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are imperative to this role. Experience with Preceda is highly desirable. Those who fit the brief will start immediately.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This Australian logistics brand is seeking a Senior Payroll Officer to join their growing payroll team. The company is renowned for its global and international presence in the logistics sector. Within the organisation they are renowned for their strong working culture. The company is a leading organisation and is part of a growing market.
- End to end payroll function in a top logistics brand
- Be rewarded with $35p/h – $40p/h + Super – Immediate start
- Close to public transport; opportunities to grow; flexible working environment
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is BDR5135. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.