- Large, growing and busy consumer goods business, national scale
- Be rewarded: $140k + Super + Parking
- Lead critical project, develop and improve payroll remit
Location: Western Sydney
Salary: $140k + Super + Parking
Role benefit: Pivotal role providing a breadth of responsibilities and opportunities to deliver value to the business.
Reporting to the Head Of Finance, this Payroll Manager is a key role in providing end to end ownership around payroll and system optimisation for the business. The Payroll Manager has primary day-to-day responsibility for the processing of monthly payroll for 2000+ staff, ensuring compliance with all returns, regulations and legislative requirements and shaping best practice across the payroll remit.
The key success factor will be your customer service and continuous improvement mindset where you show the ability to immerse yourself in the business and passionately grow your connectedness with stakeholders across the business.
In your first 6 months, you will be working on a system project to implement a full suite HRIS system. You will then be managing any system enquiries and maintenance moving forward.
- Processing of end to end payroll for approx. 2000 employees including casuals and shift workers
- Familiarity and confidence in handling multiple payments runs monthly and weekly. Due to this your time management skills will need to be exceptional.
- Perform all month end reporting and compliance requirements and work closely with the finance function to ensure the timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of payroll accounts
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of PAYG, superannuation, termination payments as required
- Work collaboratively with the business and insurers relating to workers compensation claims
- Maintain the accuracy of the payroll and employee self-service system including employee records, hierarchy changes, system improvement opportunities etc
- Deliver various ad hoc business and group reporting requirements
- Drive continuous improvement and value add opportunities around employee benefits, cost base etc such as initiatives to improve the cost/benefit value of various benefits provided across the business
- Be highly customer focused in delivering and evolving a best practice payroll function
You are a forward thinking and energetic payroll professional that is looking to elevate their career in a growing organisation and in a role where you can stamp your own value.You bring broad experience in all aspects of payroll and how you connect the function with the rest of the business. Self-motivated and passionate about being the resident expert in this area, you also have a passion for driving continuous improvement and shaping value, reflecting your ability to ‘connect the dots’ and act as a true business partner. Previous experience in system implementation and working across functions such as HR and Finance to deliver on projects, will be highly regarded.
Company, Culture & Benefits
As the Payroll Manager in this brand name consumers goods business, you will be the resident guru for all aspects of payroll. You will work closely with HR and Finance to drive the business forward and bring positive change. In a culture that prides itself around development and growth, you will be part of a hands on, agile business in fast growth, eager to drive positive change and drive success quickly.
- Make a difference – be instrumental in supporting the business and the executive team
- Be rewarded for your efforts – $140 + Super + Parking
- Freedom to deliver – unique balance of having the freedom and accountability to achieve as the guru for your area
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this position is NGPM5354. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.