- Highly successful Family Office; Learn about investments; Be close to success
- Competitive Salary and excellent exposure
- Stable team with long tenure; Close knit culture; Recession proof organisation
Location: South Sydney location; 2 minutes to train station
Role Benefit: Long term opportunity; Ownership of the finance function; Exposure to Board
Role Overview / Description
Reporting to the CEO, this Management Accountant will have end to end accountability for the financial and management accounting function for Equity and Property investments. On a day to day basis, this will involve the supervision and management of an Assistant Accountant to deliver on finance operations, general accounting, compliance and all management related reporting. The organisation invests their funds through property and equity investments and will require this Management Accountant to provide accurate and timely
Reporting for optimal decision making. This is an excellent and hard to find opportunity for a highly talented Accountant looking to take ownership and be very close to financial success. Any experience within the investments (property, equities or funds) will be highly regarded but is not a must have.
The Job/ Duties / Responsibilities
In order to be successful for this role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
* Authorise weekly AP payment runs and other ad-hoc payments
* Prepare Treasury reports
* Liaise with investment advisors to generate investment reporting
* Oversee month end close process and maintain month end checklist
* Review financial statements
* Compare and review investment performance by each portfolio/advisor
* Prepare monthly management and investment report pack
Periodic/ Annual Tasks
* Annual reconciliation of investment portfolios
* Liaise with Auditors with annual Financial Year End review
* Finalise Financial Year End and tax adjustments
* Prepare budgets/forecasts
* Periodically review and update policies and procedures
You are CA or CPA qualified and have a keen interest in learning about financial success and investment returns. You could be either a strong Financial or Management Accountant but either way you have extremely strong reporting skills. You feel comfortable with the end to end preparation of the year-end financial statements and have previous experience with delivering month-end close. You may have been in a more senior position however are comfortable in being in a hands on role to seize an opportunity for an employer of choice. Your verbal and written communication skills are one of your strengths and you feel confident navigating data in Excel.
Culture and Benefits
This highly successful family office is a privately held company that handles investment management and wealth management for an entrepreneurial Australian family. Their goal is to effectively grow and transfer wealth across generations and they do that through the execution of intelligent investment strategies. The family office employs 10 employees and many of them have been loyal to the family for a long time. As a result they are highly respected and have been well looked after by the family. The family office is now seeking a highly capable Management Accountant who holds strong values around integrity and trust and thrives by taking ownership of delivering meaningful and high quality results.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is RMMA5405. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.