Location: Western Suburbs location; work close to home
Salary: $75-85k + Super
Benefit: Excellent transition for a Financial Accountant; Fantastic Salary; Great location.
Reporting to the FP&A manager, this Management Accountant will partner with their manager in providing support to the business and lead in the budgeting and forecasting process with the business. On a day-to-day basis, this Management Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of weekly profit forecasting results liaising with Divisional Manager and proving monthly management reports summarising operating results. On an ongoing basis, you will work closely with the business in preparing accurate monthly and quarterly budgets along with review of forecast variances.
Part of this role will also see you utilise your financial accounting skills by maintaining the credibility of the balance sheet and ensuring the accuracy, integrity and compliance of all financial data and processes. In addition, you will be responsible for month end journals and communicating with branch stakeholders on month end queries.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and journals
- Maintenance of company asset register
- Heavy involvement in the preparation of the Divisional Profit and Loss Accounts and Balance Sheet
- Analysis of variances to Budget and Forecast
- Accurate and timely preparation of post month end reports that fulfil business unit & Corporate Office requirements
- Take ownership of the weekly profit estimate process and liaise directly with the Divisional Managers regarding forecasts and inputs.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Budget
- Assisting with internal and external audit requirements
- Assist in the preparation of Statutory Accounts (Stat pack preparation)
- Assist in the preparation of half yearly and yearly Forecasts
- Preparation of the supporting reconciliations/registers.
- Provides finance support at stocktakes nationally
- Assist with ad hoc finance projects
- Process improvement identified and implemented
You are a CA or CPA qualified or part qualified Finance Professional with Management Accounting experience. You will bring to the role a strong focus in Management Accounting within the manufacturing industry whilst technically minded and enjoy being involved in the Financial Accounting side of the business.
- Management Accounting / Financial Accounting and Analysis experience
- Working within a similar industry (Manufacturing, heavy industry, importation)
- Driven, focussed and eager to grow within an organisation
- CPA / CA qualified or part qualified
- Systems savvy- Large ERP systems experience and advanced Excel
- Financial Accounting and analysis experience
- Strong time management, administration and organisational skill
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
The Company, Culture and Benefits
This innovative company is well known throughout Australia and renowned for their superior products. A leader in the manufacturing sector, they are located in Sydney's Western Suburbs on beautifully maintained grounds.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Excellent Salary of $75-85k + Super
- A rare opportunity with a listed manufacturing gaint.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Maleeha Zahoor quoting reference number MZMA4377 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.