Location: Western Sydney
Salary: $90-100K + Super (12 month contract)
Role Benefit: be instrumental in delivering information and insights to support decision making and build your profile with a highly regarded global brand name
Reporting directly to a FP&A Manager, this Management Accountant takes ownership for shaping insights through reporting and analysis relating to the sales function covering a broad remit across management reporting, reconciliations, budgeting and forecasting and ad hoc performance analysis. The Management Accountant has primary day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting and analysis of sales performance incorporating gross sales, rebates and royalties whilst also supporting the development of driver based budgets and forecasts at a brand level.
They key success factor will be your prior experience within a management accounting role where you have had to show strong attention to detail and leverage your knowledge from a consumer products based business to help shape the story behind the numbers.
- Manage data and reports for ongoing management reporting of sales namely at a brand level and incorporating gross sales, rebates, royalties
- Help generate commentary and insights on actual performance v LY / Budget / Forecast etc
- Generate sales reports for licensors to facilitate royalty calculation tracking
- Provide variance analysis relating to product cost price variances - variances to budget/forecast and drivers for any material variances
- Prepare month end calculations and reconciliations around sales cut-off, customer rebates, royalty fees payable
- Prepare month end calculations and reconciliations relating to inventory accounts, such as reconciliations to the stock sub ledger, calculations relating to goods in transit, stock obsolescence provision, valuation variances, goods received not invoiced etc
- Help build up key assumptions around unit costs and pricing incorporating full activity based costing
- Support the preparation of corporate budget/forecast packs for the region and as part of ongoing business performance reviews
- Contribute to the development of ad hoc analysis and deep dives supporting broader business strategies
- Be an active participant in fostering a fun team environment and culture
You are an experience management accountant, CA/CPA qualified and ideally with exposure in an FMCG/Retail/Inventory based business. With a solid technical accounting grounding, you are looking to move into a role where you can contribute information and insights and prove the value you bring in helping shape future career opportunities.
This role includes extensive use of Excel and Business Intelligence software, so proven ability to managing data from multiple sources is a key requirement in this role. Previous exposure to Power BI or similar tools will be highly regarded.
Given the breadth of stakeholders in this role, you will also bring a strength in verbal and written communication, strong attention to detail and the curiosity and interpersonal skills that allows you to engage and build rapport quickly.
Culture & Benefits
The organisation is hols a number of consumer product brands that are highly recognised in the market and is part of a multi-billion dollar business. They pride themselves on bringing the aspects of fun into the team and would therefore be a great fit for an energetic and bubbly person looking to build their career.
- Experience a great culture - have fun in everything you do!
- Be rewarded for your efforts - salary $90-$100k + Super (12 month contract)
- Build your own brand - join a global FMCG with strong market brand recognition
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Tom Nisevic, quoting reference number TNMA3706 in the subject line.