Salary: $160k + Super (6 month contract)
Location: Sydney, CBD
Role: Own the corporate reporting function and financial operations for the entire business
Reporting to the CFO, the Head of Financial Reporting & Control will take full ownership for the financial accounting, statutory reporting, APRA compliance and consolidation for all reporting entities.
Your daily responsibilities will be pivotal to the financial integrity of the group's financial statements in line with IFRS regulatory requirements. This includes managing the audit process with external auditors, preparation of statutory entity and group financial statements. As the Head of Financial Reporting & Control, you will be responsible for all the key relationships within the wider business such as the external auditors, banks, actuaries and insurance providers.
Your expertise and in-depth knowledge of APRA requirements and statutory reporting for an Insurance provider coupled with technical accounting principles will also enable you to play a vital role in decision making, as your guidance on accounting treatment and technical and complex transactions will be highly sought after.
- Responsible for the preparation of the external audit, delivery of statutory accounts and APRA requirements
- Providing counsel and advice on accounting treatments for technical and complex transactions.
- Manage the audit process and liaise with external auditors
- Lead and manage the financial operations team
You are a technically gifted, CA qualified professional who may be currently working in a Financial Services environment and have been trained by one of the accounting Big 4. You possess a strong technical understanding for the requirements in statutory reporting for an insurance group and you have in-depth knowledge of technical accounting standards that will enable you to provide resolutions to complex accounting transactions.
You bring positive energy in working with your business partners with strong communication and engagement skills. You are able to engage with stakeholders at all levels including senior management in shaping business integrity and performance outcomes.
Culture & Benefits
The business is innovative and prides itself on creating a strong and collaborative culture that supports the development of its team.
- Join in spirit - bring your energy in managing financial and business outcomes
- Close working relationships with senior management and be a true 2IC to the CFO
- Be rewarded for your technical capability - $160k + Super (6 month contract) with a view to permanent and pathway to CFO
- Genuine work life balance and flexibility to work from home
This market dominant business is a leader in the insurance market and has a long standing presence in Australia.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Tony Nguyen on quoting reference number TNTFRC4027 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.