$200K Package + STI
Newly created role
Drive cultural and process change; large organisation with a national foot-print; opportunity to make an impact
Role Overview / Description
With significant recent business growth and a listing on the ASX, this Group Financial Controller is a position that would require a finance leader with exceptional ASX reporting and governance skills and an attitude for success. Over 50% of this role will be focused on people development, leadership and business partnering with brand CFOs. The remaining 50% will focused on establishing and leading ASX level reporting and governance, group financial control and supporting the CFO with board reporting. This position will provide the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to grow in an organisation that is dynamic and constantly beating aggressive growth targets. As a result of further upcoming international growth the successful individual need to be career minded as this role has a strong progression path into a commercial leadership role.
Technical competence, coupled with a passion for leading best practice reporting and a commercial partnering mindset will set you apart in being successful for this role. The right candidate will ideally have a proven training background from a Big 4 firm and is currently seeking a move into a broader Group Controllership role where they own all aspects of finance expect commercial finance for a large organisation.
The Job/ Duties / Responsibilities
* Lead and mentor the group accounting team (on shore and offshore), as well as the transactional team (AP and AR)
* Establish the external financial reporting processes, including ASX/statutory half yearly results/reports and review of analyst presentations & press materials
* Manage the external audit relationship to deliver an efficient and cost effective audit
* Prepare the Board and Audit Committee reports and present findings at meetings
* Lead compliance for both direct and indirect tax
* Set and promote group accounting policies, including training the commercial teams
* Lead and implement continuous improvement in financial systems and processes
* Support the Head of Commercial with the Group's budgeting and forecasting processes
You are currently CA qualified with significant experience with leading ASX reporting for a medium to large complex organisation. Alternatively you are an experienced Senior Manager or Director within a Big 4 firm looking to make your first move. You will have strong exposure within change management and process improvement as well as having demonstrated the leadership in key projects. Your hold a leadership style that will nurture and grow high performers. Either way, you will bring to the role a strong focus in financial control, vision for supporting business growth, and a passion for setting up robust processes and systems.
Culture & Benefits
Recently listed on the ASX, this large Australian retail brand is a market share leader and a brand name that is known to all. With revenue close to $1bn, this organisation is Australia's fastest growing retailer. Although well established this organisation is embarking on an aggressive global growth strategy. They believe that continual innovation, best in class leadership and delivering expectation customer service are the key contributors towards their standout brand presence.
* Greenfield role; Establish ASX reporting for a large successful business - be instrumental in driving culture change
* Be rewarded for your efforts - salary of $190 - 200K Package + STI
* Add project experience to your suite of skills and fast track your career to CFO
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Raghav Mehta on quoting reference number RMDFC3297 in the subject line. For a confidential chat, please call Raghav on 02 8211 3488.