- 2IC to CFO; Co-lead a large scale and complex finance transformation
- Impressive salary package of $180-190K + Bonus
- Be mentored by an ex KPMG trained CFO; 50% Project focus; Resume builder
$180 – 190K Package + Bonus
Drive cultural and process change; large organisation with a national foot-print; opportunity to make an impact
Role Overview / Description
Reporting to the CFO, this Group Financial Controller will assume responsibility for the end to end financial accounting and shared services function to support the CFO with growing the business. As the Group Financial Controller, you will take full ownership of ensuring balance sheet integrity and timely and accurate financial reporting. As the Financial Controller, your first 3 – 6 months see you be reviewing people and process and delivering a systems transformation to ensure that the numbers reported can be trusted and that your team is generating piercing business insights. As the role evolves, you will support the CFO with acquisitions. This is an all-encompassing Group Financial Controller position that will require a “roll your sleeves up” attitude as well as excellent stakeholder management skills.
This role will really test your ability to successfully execute on key projects for the CFO and you will therefore be best positioned to take over a bigger mandate in 18 – 24 months which will include FP&A responsibilities. The right candidate will have a solid background in technical and financial accounting and is now looking to step up into a role that will provide challenge and opportunity given the list exciting projects.
The Job/ Duties / Responsibilities
* Lead and mentor the group accounting and the transactional team (AP, AR and Revenue Assurance)
* Manage and oversee timely and accurate month end completion
* Manage and oversee internal and external audits
* Prepare the Board reports and present findings at meetings
* Lead compliance for both direct and indirect tax
* Set and promote group accounting policies
* Drive piercing insights through divisional financial reporting
* Lead and implement continuous improvement in financial systems and processes
* Support the CFO with finance transformation and systems enhancement
Being either a CPA or CA qualified finance leader, you are currently sitting in a finance leadership position in a medium to large sized organisation. Ideally, you have a training background from a Big 4 or Mid tier accounting firm and have a demonstrated track record of early promotions and business achievements. You are energetic and forward thinking by nature. You hold the values of passion, integrity and diligence in achieving success for yourself and your teams.
Culture & Benefits
This organisation is an iconic Australia brand with an impressive management team. This business truly believes that people are its greatest assets. They believe that diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what they deliver to their customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. They are well set-up to take advantage of the changes in the landscape driven by covid-19.
* Be a part of a mission drive organisation; Large project focus
* Be rewarded – $180 – 190K Package + Bonus
* Sydney CBD location; Some National travel involved
If this sounds like you, please send your resume to Raghav Mehta by clicking “apply” below. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.