Double digit growth; Excellent salary on offer
True partnership with an high calibre Group CFO and Managing Director
Role Overview / Description
Reporting to a sector experienced Group CFO and Managing Director, this General Manager Finance will sit alongside them as their right hand strategic partner. As a key member of the executive leadership team, the General Manager Finance will report to the CFO and will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The General Manager Finance has primary day-to-day responsibility oversights responsibility for Strategic Finance, Governance and Debt management. The key success factor for this General Manager Finance will be their ability to successfully support the CFO in creating and driving the strategic operating plan and its objectives. The General Manager Finance will partner with the ELT to identify opportunities for additional revenue, OP, margin growth and new business opportunities. The General Manager Finance's role will be to drive commercial effectiveness by determining the key financial drivers that add value whilst always ensuring our customers are central to decision making.
A record of accomplishment in continually delivering EBIT targets and a passion for driving commercial outcomes for high growth businesses will set you apart in being successful for this role. The right candidate will ideally have commenced their career as a CA in a Chartered Firm and will be able to demonstrate progressive advancement in top tier corporates.
The Job/ Duties / Responsibilities
- Strategic advisory - Partner with the CFO to develop the group's strategic roadmap
- Commercial - Identify opportunities for new business and EBIT enhancement
- Risk and Opportunity - Partner with CFO, Managing Director and EMT to ensure that the financial forecast is met
- Together with the Group CFO and Managing Director, take ownership for financial and commercial risk, particularly around delivering plans to execute strategic initiatives and meet forecasted EBIT
- Growth - Take responsibility for M&A, acquisition integration and support the CFO with negotiations
- Governance - Deliver on the organisation's statutory, regulatory, and taxation obligations
- Board - Timely and accurate board reporting and analysis
- Compliance and Risk Framework - end to end management
- Debt management - lead debt raising and ensure compliance with all covenants
- Leadership - develop and mentor the finance team and enable them to achieve their career goals within the organisation
You are a CA/CPA and/or MBA qualified Finance Professional with significant experience in senior finance leaderships roles in medium/large organisations. You may currently be sitting in a strategic General Manager Finance/Group Financial Controller or Divisional CFO role looking to join an organisation with a strong growth trajectory. Beyond a high performance and outstanding resume you have a burning passion for supporting growth through effective business partnering and commercial decision support. You hold a leadership style that will nurture and grow your team. Either way, you will bring to the role strong commercial acumen, vision for growth, and a passion for sound governance.
Culture & Benefits
A highly regarded player in its field, this organisation is a prominent brand that has the backing of a large global group. With a total employee base in Sydney of more than 1000, this organisation employ the best of the best and their reporting and governance framework is top tier. The organisation will provide the right entrepreneurial executive the opportunity to lead a major pillar of the organisation and be instrumental in growing the group.
- Outstanding opportunity to partner with a prominent Group CFO and Managing Director to make a huge mark
- Be rewarded for your efforts - salary of up to $280k Package + Benefits
- Feel the heart-beat of an innovative business from executive strategy level to operations
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Richard Skaf on com.au quoting reference number RSGMF4266 in the subject line. For a confidential chat, please call Richard on 02 8211 3488.