- Fast paced business in rapid growth with a great team
- Be rewarded: $170k + Super
- Drive business performance, grow your people and develop your CFO capability
Location: South East Melbourne
Salary: $170k + Super
Role Benefit: Take your career to the next level by being part of an organisation in growth and drive value through governance and control, continuous improvement, people leadership and stakeholder management
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this Financial Controller will take day to day leadership of the financial management and governance of the business. The Financial Controller will have day to day responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of financial results, management of all governance requirements and work closely with the business to maximise performance and profitability.
The key success factor will be the strength of your stakeholder management skills, technical experience and your energy in supporting the business deliver to its strategic goals.
- Take ownership for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of monthly results, across P&L and balance sheet.
- Drive management reporting that is based on insights and business drivers, including key variances to plans and prior periods, preparation of Board Reporting etc.
- Proactively support the review and management of risks and opportunities to enhance profitability. Work closely with stakeholders to shape initiatives to drive opportunities.
- Drive the budgeting and forecasting processes, building awareness and alignment with stakeholders of targeted results, alignment to business plans and ensure completion in line with required timelines based on a top down and bottom up approach.
- Lead the completion of statutory reporting requirements and other governance reporting, including taxes, statutory accounts and management of the external audit process
- Provide proactive cashflow management through cashflow forecast and reporting.
- Lead the management of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, ensuring efficiency in processes and alignment to key performance metrics.
- Provide technical accounting supporting and guidance to your stakeholders consistent with internal policies and accounting standards.
- Promote a continuous improvement mindset, identifying opportunities to enhance efficiencies through processes and systems whilst ensuring an effective control environment.
- Grow and nurture a finance team.
You are an energetic finance professional that is looking to make a difference and add value in a dynamic and rapidly growing business through best practice systems, processes and people. With excellent communication skills you naturally motivate and empower your team to succeed and look to immerse yourself in a business to act as a true business partner. You bring strong technical accounting experience in managing a P&L end to end with intimate knowledge of the drivers that lead to success and risk management.
An ability to work hands-on in an agile, fast paced environment with working knowledge of Pronto is highly desirable.
Culture & Benefits
This business maintains partners with well-known brands in the marketplace and is a leader in its category. Having experienced strong growth this is a unique opportunity to add value to a business to enable the next stage of growth.
- Grow your career – act as 2IC to the CFO with regular exposure to the executive leadership team
- Be rewarded – $170k + Super
- Join a growth story – be part of a passionate business and team going through rapid growth
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below addressing Stella Petrou-Concha or Tom Nisevic quoting reference number SPCFC5021 in the subject line.