Location: Sydney CBD
Salary: $150k + Super
Role Benefit: Drive cultural and process change; large organisation with a national foot-print; opportunity to make an impact
Role Overview / Description
With a recent organisational re-structure, this Financial Controller is a position that will require a finance leader with exceptional management skills and an attitude for success. Primarily this role will be focused on working with the CFO to deliver strategic decision support through the roll out of reporting tools to drive commercial KPI's. Subsequently the role will require you to provide day-to-day operational leadership to a finance team of 15 including Financial Operations. As the Financial Controller, you will work very closely with the CFO to enhance the level of controls and governance and help to re build the monthly board reporting pack. This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager or Financial Controller to build a best in class finance function for a large and iconic Australian retail group.
Technical competence, coupled with a passion for leading best practice reporting and a commercial partnering mindset will set you apart in being successful for this role. The right candidate will ideally have a proven training background from a Big 4 firm with retail exposure or have recently transformed and elevated the state of finance for a complex organisation.
The Job/ Duties / Responsibilities
- Support strategy and decision support in driving positive KPI outcomes
- Drive the delivery of accurate and timely budgets
- Ownership of the entire month end reporting process inclusive of closing the ledger to reporting to the board.
- Lead and implement continuous improvement in financial systems and processes
- Monitor and manage daily cash flow
- Support the reporting of trade spend and effectiveness with commercial business partners
- Set and promote group accounting policies providing transparency to all impacted stakeholder groups
You are CA/CPA qualified with proven experience in leading a best practice finance team as well as improving finance processes for a medium to large complex organisation. You have previously led and built diverse finance teams and shown effectiveness in supporting the business commercially reach their targets. You will have strong exposure within change management and process improvement as well as having demonstrated the leadership in delivering key projects. Overall, you will bring to the role a strong focus in financial control, vision for supporting business growth, and a passion for setting up robust reporting tools that enable the business to receive insightful decision support.
Culture & Benefits
$500m in revenue and an expansive player in its segment, this group is a household iconic brand. Being well established this organisation is embarking on an aggressive growth strategy and believe that continual innovation, best in class leadership and delivering exceptional customer service are the key contributors towards their standout brand presence.
- Greenfield role; Large project focus - be instrumental in driving culture change
- Be rewarded for your efforts - salary of $150 + Super
- Add project experience to your suite of skills and fast track your career to CFO
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Tony Nguyen CA on quoting reference number TNTFC3955 in the subject line. For a confidential chat, please call Tony on 02 8211 3488.