Location: Sydney CBD
Salary: $105k Package
Role Benefit: Daily exposure to the Executive team; Business Partnering focus; 2IC to an Elite Financial Controller
Reporting to an ex Big 4 trained CA and a commercially experienced Financial Controller, this Financial and Management Accountant will deliver to all financial and management requirements of this business. This is a broad and exciting role that has primary day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of monthly results across both the P&L and Balance Sheet, including posting of journals, preparation of reconciliations, supporting the development of budgets and forecasts and business partnering with executives to deliver insights.
The key success factor for this Financial and Management Accountant will be your ability to deliver accurate and timely reporting and a passion to help drive value for the business through partnering and process efficiency.
The Job / Duties / Responsibilities
* Take ownership for the completion of timely and accurate month end results, including review and preparation of journals
* Ensure general ledger reconciliations are completed and cleared in a timely manner
* Prepare and lodge BAS and FBT returns
* Support the development of forward looking plans including budgets and forecasts
* Partner with operational teams to drive performance to targets including actions to manage any risks and opportunities
* Contribute to a continuous improvement mindset by identifying and driving initiatives to improve efficiencies in processes
* Help mentor and develop a small team to a broader positive team culture
You will be CA/CPA qualified and possess strong experience with managing and delivering month end reporting, balance sheet compliance and management reporting. Experience with driving systems and process improvement around the month end process and systems will be highly regarded. Your strong attention to detail will ensure that monthly performance commentary and deep dives into variance analysis will create valuable insight to assist senior management with achieving business goals. Your communication and relationship building skills are impeccable and you are passionate about joining a growing business where you can add real value.
Culture & Benefits
A highly regarded player in its field, this organisation is a prominent brand that has the backing of a top performing private equity investment group. With a total employee base of 120, this organisation has the expected characteristics of a smaller enterprise however being PE owned they employ the best of the best and their reporting and governance framework is comparable to a listed organisation. The organisation will provide the right entrepreneurial finance professional an opportunity to be instrumental in growing the group.
* Broad Financial and Management Accounting role; Opportunity to prove yourself in a PE backed business
* Be rewarded for your efforts - salary of up to $105k Package
* Direct mentoring from an ex Big 4 CA with deep commercial experience
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Tom Betteridge quoting reference number TBFMA4285 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.