$130k Package + Bonus
Full ownership of month end and technical accounting; Strong projects focus; Strong sense of belonging in a smaller team environment
Role Overview / Description
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller as their 2IC, this Financial Accounting Manager will have end to end responsibility for manging the revenue accounting for the Australian business. This is in essence a technical, compliance and reporting role ensuring balance sheet integrity as accuracy in the P&L. This position wil also have responsibility for driving finance projects as well as enhancements and improvements across a wider accounting function.
On a daily basis, you will lead a team of 2 Financial Accountants to drive month end responsbilities for revenue accounting. As the Financial Accounting Manager you will have responsibility for the setting and maintaining accounting policies for revenue recognition, performing technical analysis and drafting accounting advice on potential transactions and other ad hoc technical matters as they arise. You will lead the enhancement of an effective financial control framework, assist with the preparation of statutory financial reporting, and drive for continuous improvement in reporting processes. From a headcount perspective the Australian finance team is less than 20 in size, hence the opportunity for you to see things end to end is absolutely huge. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to shine and be placed on an early promotion path.
The Job/ Duties / Responsibilities
* SOX control owner for finance section of all revenue related processes
* Overseeing receipting and associated bank reconciliation processes,
* Owner of key finance-related inputs and outputs in relation to revenue recognition and associated reporting
* Calculation of deferred revenues and provisions for doubtful debts
* Reconcile and analyse balance sheet accounts associated with revenue accounts
* Review quarterly Hyperion disclosure package items
* Analytically review of all revenue, accounts receivable and deferred revenue
* Partner with the Financial Planning and Analysis team around forecasting and budgeting
* Assist with all reporting and other submissions to regulatory bodies
* Assist with any internal/external audit requests
You are a CA qualified professional with a strong training ground from a Big 4 or a mid-tier firm. Post professional services you are currently supporting month end or are in a group function for a complex listed or private organisation. You are not ready to step up and take end to end ownership and be fast tracked to an Assistant Financial Controller. You are an enthusiastic self-starter excited to work for rapidly growing business and would enjoy the challenge of implementing process improvements to help the organisation meet its strategic objectives. You will have outstanding communication skills and be confident in building relationships with all levels of the organisation.
Culture & Benefits
The business is innovative and prides itself on creating a strong and collaborative culture that supports the development of its team.
* Join in spirit - bring your energy helping the business scale
* Be rewarded for your passion - $130k package + Bonus
* Grow with the business - be pivotal in enabling decisions to be made in shaping performance drivers as part of a growth success story
An agile and fast growing US listed top global brand, this well known brand is relentlessly focused on delivering high growth and strong performance to benefit both customers and investors. A home to 10 + leading market brands, this organisation is growing strength by strength and would suit an ambitious candidate looking to grow with a highly successful business.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Raghav, quoting reference number RMFM5743 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.