Salary: $80k - 90k + Super + Benefits
Location: Sydney CBD
Role: Employer of choice with a highly desirable culture, global business exposure, structured training and development
Reporting to the Finance and Accounting Manager, this Financial Accountant will assist the Finance Manager with the taxation and corporate accounting and reporting function the ANZ business. Your day-to-day responsibilities will be centric to the head office accounting function which would include financial reporting intercompany transactions and reporting. You will be doing the accounting for all intercompany transactions with related entities. In addition, this Financial Accountant will carry out monthly balance sheet reconciliations and assist with all month end reporting, analysis and compliance. From a taxation compliance perspective, your role will include ensuring compliance with corporate tax requirements including the preparation of the income tax, FBT and GST returns and assisting in the development of tax policies and procedures. This is an all-encompassing head office financial, management accounting, and tax compliance role where you also develop your leadership skills within a commercial environment by assisting the Finance Manager with the supervision the accounting team.
This Financial Accountant will be responsible for liaising with the global finance leadership team in relation to ad-hoc analysis as well as the monthly presentation of result. This role offers an exciting opportunity for a first time mover from a Big 4 or chartered firm to enter a thriving business that provide multiple opportunity for career growth. This organisation will provide the right Financial Accountant a strong training ground for development and further growth.
- Reconciliation of payroll clearing accounts including Payroll, Super, PAYG, Payroll Tax, Workers Covers for the group in collaboration with Group Payroll Manager; ensuring all reconciling items are resolved and cleared on a timely manner
- To perform month end tasks including completion of journals, reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts, and variance analysis
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts with parent company
- Preparation of GST/BAS, FBT and ITR ensuring tax compliance.
- To oversee quarterly financial report ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial data
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts, P&L and non-operational accounts, BS and Cash Flows for the group
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements and disclosure notes for the group.
You have Tertiary qualification in Business, Commerce or Accounting and are CA qualified. The candidate is a Big 4 background / chartered firm experience highly regarded with an up to date with AASB and IFRS knowledge and solid experience in managing consolidations, intercompany transactions, statutory reporting including tax, and board reporting, The candidate should have solid understanding of various ERP systems and Excel skills. Strong attention to details and Strong written and verbal communication with internal and external stakeholders of all levels. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This organisation operates nationally boasting a huge market presence and is known to all. Currently, in Australia, they hold considerable market share and have proven to be a great competitor in their space.
- Reputable Australian organisation
- Be rewarded - $80 - $90k + Super
- High performing culture that offers great mentorship and ongoing training and support for career development
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Maleeha Zahoor quoting reference number MZFA4755 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.