- Top 5 in the services sector; National Australian presence ; innovative industry
- Excellent salary on offer $60k - $75k + Super + Benefits
- Walking distance to station; strong culture of L&D; close-knit team; flexibility
Location: Southern Sydney
Salary package: $60k – $75k + Super + Benefits
Role highlight: Australia’s leading company in the services industry is looking for a Financial Accountant to progress their career in a growing market.
Reporting to Group Financial Controller, as the Financial Accountant, you will be part of a large finance team. In your role, you will be supporting the Group Financial Controller in all month end related tasks including weekly and monthly management reporting and month end close activities for your business unit. On a day to day basic this will include processing journals, preparing balance sheet reconciliations and conducting daily bank reconciliations. In addition, as the Financial Accountant you will have the responsibility to maintain the fixed asset register and lodgement of BAS and FBT.
As the Financial Accountant, 30% of your time will be allocated towards identifying opportunities for efficiencies within the month end process as well as delivering more insightful management reporting for your stakeholders. Hence, a business partnering mindset and an attitude to serve stakeholders will be key to your success in this role. You outstanding communication capability and will assist you in building relationship with functional leaders and non-finance stakeholders within the business.
As the Financial Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of month end accruals
- Reconciling of all cash entries including Australian and New Zealand business
- Reconciling bank accounts for all payments and payroll accounts
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Liaise with internal and external key stakeholders
- Assist with monthly and quarterly deliverables
- SOX compliance
- Calculate intercompany cost recharges
- Lodgement of BAS and FBT returns
- Reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers
- Manage automated allocation process
- Complete reconciliations and journals
- Assist in the year end audit process
- Managing investment portfolio
- Budgeting and forecasting
You are partly qualified or working towards your CPA/ CA qualifications and have extensive month end reporting experience within a locally or globally listed business. Your key strengths are verbal and written communications skills and you are confident in using intermediate Excel functions including Pivot and Vlookups. To succeed in this role, you will have a high attention to detail and can work autonomously. This excellent opportunity will suit a Financial Accountant that has shown experience in liaising with key stakeholders and clients in their previous roles.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This global company is a well-established brand with national presence across Australia. The company is rapidly growing in Australia and hence there are future development opportunities for an ambitious candidate. This leading organisation is located in a prime location in Southern Sydney which is close to public transport. This is a rare opportunity to add value in a growing organisation.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below addressing “Bhrizel Del Rosario”, quoting reference number BDR5085 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.