Location: Circular Quay, Sydney
Base rate: $40-45 p/h + Super
Role highlight: Convenient CBD location;6 month+ role; great new start-up environment
This Financial Accountant will report directly into the Finance Manager and will be a part of a small but nimble team. The overall mandate of this role will be to work closely with the Finance Manager in restructuring and cleaning up the entire finance function as well as delivering BAU full month end close.
This Financial Accountant will assist the Finance Manager on all finance functions as well as be responsible for all balance sheet reconciliation, tax returns, P&L review, journals, accruals and month end reports.
On a weekly basis you will also be responsible for balance sheet reconciliations, including daily complex bank reconciliations. A passion for growing within the team and a great team player will be a key to your success. If you enjoy a challenge and take great pleasure in cleaning up and refining processes and financial data, then this is the role for you.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Full month end close including financial reporting.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all financial records is maintained
- Undertake balance sheet and bank reconciliation on a daily basis
- Assist Finance Manager with all treasury requirements
- Ensure appropriate insurances and levels of cover are in place
- Tax filings submitted in a timely manner
- Budgeting and forecasting reports
- Annual budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Reconciliation of General Ledger
- Ad hoc reporting and other tasks as required
You will have a bachelor's degree majoring in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years of post-qualifying experience. Currently you are in a similar role and have demonstrated experience within a projects focused role. Be a hard worker and technically strong. You have experience in:
- Preparation of Financial reports
- Property or Fund accounting
- A comprehensive knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Great communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Resilience to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This international property business is relatively new to the Australian market and after a strong period of growth is poised for a fantastic future. Located in the heart of Sydney's CBD, this company values their staff and provide ongoing training and support. A rare opportunity is currently available for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their diverse team.
There is lots of exposure and room for you to grow and further develop your career. They have great culture and are seeking a Financial Accountant to join their ever-growing and dynamic team.
- Impressive rate: $40-45 p/h + Super- 6 month Temp
- Perfect opportunity for a resilient Financial Accountant
- Immediate start: CBD location near public transport
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Nicolas Gonzalez, quoting reference number NGFA4453 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.