Location: Sydney CBD
Salary: $90k + Super
Role highlight: Be a part of an organisation that creates a real positive impact on society. Use your financial accounting skills to truly make a difference.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this Financial Accountant will have end-to-end responsibility for driving month end completion and control, ensuring balance sheet integrity as well as the group accounting function. This position is in essence a combination of one third financial control, one third technical accounting and one third projects.
On a daily basis, your responsibilities will be to drive the month end timetable and ensure internal controls as well as the integrity of the financial statements and ensure internal compliance. As the Financial Accountant you will have responsibility for the setting and maintaining of accounting policies for the group, performing technical analysis and drafting accounting advice on potential transactions and other ad hoc technical matters as they arise. You will lead the enhancement of an effective financial control framework, the preparation of statutory financial reporting, and drive for continuous improvement in reporting processes. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to shine and be placed on an early promotion path.
- Drive month end completion and control, ensuring balance sheet integrity as well as the group accounting function
- Set and maintain accounting policy in line with internal and external policies
- Perform consolidations of all ANZ entities
- Lead technical support on finance and business projects
- Prepare statutory accounts and lead all audits
- Lead month end completion ensuring complete balance sheet integrity
- Prepare and review journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage Fixed Assets and adhoc projects
- Ensure company policies and controls are maintained
- Implement ongoing process improvements and efficiencies
- Support the Financial Controller and Head Of Finance with key business projects
You are CA or CPA qualified with strong corporate financial reporting. You may be a Financial Accountant within a corporate organisation with preferably a Big 4 background. Technically, your skills are strong and you wish to expand them within a large NFP organisation that has a strong alignment with the betterment of the community and a true vision. Your verbal and written communication skills are one of your strengths and you feel confident navigating and manipulating data in Excel. You are also passionate about finance and have a positive and upbeat personality.
This growing and brand name NFP organisation is an employer of choice. Their strong purpose and vision creates an excellent workplace culture. This role reports into the Group Financial Controller and due to continuous growth, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to grow and progress within the organisation.
If this sounds like you, please send your word formatted resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Clare Williams, quoting reference number CWFA4751 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.