Salary: salary $85k + Super
Location: Western Suburbs
Role Benefit: autonomy to achieve and deliver in a hands on role that will build your depth in finance
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this Financial Accountant takes hands on ownership for driving the timely and accurate preparation of results. The Financial Accountant has primary day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the completion of monthly results across both the P&L and Balance Sheet, including posting of journals, preparation of reconciliations, payroll processing, as well as management reporting requirements.
The key success factor will be your self-drive and ability to communicate effectively across a range of stakeholders.
- Take ownership for the completion of timely and accurate month end results, including preparation of journals
- Ensure general ledger reconciliations are completed and cleared in a timely manner
- Maintenance of fixed asset register including related additions, disposals, depreciation etc
- Process monthly payroll including related payroll journals, reconciliations and reporting
- Shape management reporting for local and group requirements including analysis and commentary of key performance drivers
- Support the appropriate cost allocation accounting relating to project sales
- Contribute to a continuous improvement mindset by identifying and driving initiatives to improve efficiencies in processes
- Ensure a strong internal controls environment
- Be engaging in supporting a broader positive team culture
You are a CA/CPA qualified professional with a strong financial accounting background and a passion for engaging with your stakeholders.
With exceptional communication skills, you are able to engage with both local and overseas stakeholders in delivering the numbers and shaping the insights around results.
Prior experience with project accounting would be highly regarded.
Culture & Benefits
The organisation is a local subsidiary of a global business and prides itself on its innovation and ability to drive efficiency through their product offering to market
With an opportunity to embed and grow the breadth of your financial and business acumen, this is a great role to take the next step in your career and personal development.
- Get a sense of achievement - have full ownership for results across P&L and Balance Sheet
- Be rewarded - salary $85k + Super
- Grow your career - expand your financial and business acumen with a broad financial remit
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Nic Gonzalez quoting reference number NGFA4241 in the subject line.