Location: Sydney CBD
Salary: $70k - $80k + Super + Bonus
Role Benefit: Newly created role in Sydney CBD with a globally listed infrastructure giant within a fast paced environment. Close to the train station.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant will be involved in the preparation of month end as well pulling together commentaries and variance analysis on a monthly basis for various departments. Together with the Finance Manager you will have responsibility for part of the Australian and Overseas P&Ls. This role will assist in the preparation of statutory accounts, taxation requirements including Company tax, FBT, GST etc. for both Australia and New Zealand and assist with ensuring SOX compliance is maintained. This Financial Accountant will be involved in maintenance of budgets and forecasts to preparing and posting monthly actual journals in line with SOX controls. You will be responsible for the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet items and maintaining the asset register. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for ensuring all cash and bank accounts are reconciled.
Responsible for financial accounting month end close processing and journal preparation & posting, variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations in relation to, but not limited to, the following :-
- Intercompany and inter-divisional balances
- Payroll, commissions and bonuses, including clearing accounts and leave provisions
- Review of inventory and associated provision accounts
- Accounts receivable and associated provision accounts
- Accruals and sundry creditors, suspense accounts, loans and borrowings.
- Responsible for day to day cash flow forecasting.
- Approve payroll, accounts payable and expense claim payment batches.
- Prepare and lodge all APRA and ABS returns in a timely manner.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the maintenance and improvement of financial controls, policies and processes; day to day liaison with internal and external auditors as required.
- Any other task or projects as assigned by the Finance Manager or Financial Controller from time to time
- Minimum of 4 years' experience.
- Degree Qualified. CA/CPA qualified or working towards.
- Experience in journal entries and reconciliations.
- Experience in completing month end reporting.
- Experience working with SOX compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Team player with a can do attitude.
- Large ERP exposure would be an advantage.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This leading globally listed infrastruture gaint is located in the Sydney CBD and has a growing presence in the Australia market provides an excellent opportunity for a dynamic Financial Accountant to join their team. This newly created role of Financial Accountant will see you working in a friendly and supportive team environment where you will be challenged and be able to take responsibility for your work.
- Be rewarded - $70-80k + Super + Bonus
- Step change your career - future corporate or divisional leadership opportunities for the right candidate
- Excellent work-life balance
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Maleeha Zahoor on quoting reference number MZFA4413 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.