Salary: $40-$50/hour + Super + Benefits
Location: Macquarie Park
Role Benefits: Australia's most progressive and vibrant media business seeks a brilliant Financial Accountant to contribute to a major functional unit. Engage with stakeholders across the business. Immediate start.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, this Financial Accountant will support a large team focused on fixed and property assets.
The Financial Accountant has primary day to day responsibility for ensuring the timely and accurate management of the unit's financial reporting close, enhancing the internal control environment and delivering insights supporting this business unit monthly results.
The key success factor will be your resilience, leadership and passion in driving continuous improvement during periods of positive change as well as your ability to build strong relationships with your stakeholders.
- Drive the functional unit's month end close and reporting process, including standardisation of accounting processes and policies
- Ensure the timely and accurate management of an internal controls framework, including review of general ledger reconciliations, alignment of processes with group policies etc
- Pro-active management of the fixed assets register and all capital investments
- Support the unit's analysis of risks and opportunities and proactively work with the business to identify initiatives to mitigate risks and take advantage of opportunities
- Engage the business to build strong relationships as a trusted business advisor, providing advice for business initiatives and business cases
- Be a strong people leader as part of a financial accounting and administration team, promoting growth and development
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement by helping identify and drive opportunities to simplify and drive efficiencies
You are a highly resilient and agile CA/CPA qualified finance professional with extensive experience managing and leading teams. You thrive in an environment where you can add value and bring strong leadership qualities in shaping the evolution of a team and business.
You have significant experience supporting a business accounting function. You may be in a similar role or looking to taking a step up into a larger organisation that is passionate about their brand and their people.
Company, Culture & Benefits
The organisation is a highly regarded brand in its sector with a history for innovation that puts customers first.
- Immerse yourself in a passion - share the business' passion for their brand
- Make a real difference - be instrumental in shaping the evolution of the finance function for the group, nurturing strong team and stakeholder relationships
- Be rewarded - salary of $40- $50/hour + Super + Benefits
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Maleeha Zahoor quoting reference number MZFA4681 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications.