Salary: $140 - $150k + Super + Parking + Benefits
Location: Macquarie Park; Free Parking on-site
Role: Lead a team locally and offshore; Full ownership of month end and technical accounting; Strong project & systems focus; Strong sense of belonging in a team environment.
Role Overview / Description
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller and working closely with the CFO, this Divisional Finance Manager will have end to end responsibility for driving month end completion and control, ensuring balance sheet integrity as well as the group accounting function. This position is in essence a combination of one third financial control, one third technical accounting and one third projects.
On a daily basis, your responsibilities will be to drive the month end timetable and ensure internal controls as well as the integrity of the financial statements in accordance with IFRS. As the Divisional Finance Manager you will have responsibility for the setting and maintaining of accounting policies for the group, performing technical analysis and drafting accounting advice on potential transactions and other ad hoc technical matters as they arise. You will lead the enhancement of an effective financial control framework, the preparation of statutory financial reporting, and drive for continuous improvement in reporting processes. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to shine and be placed on an early promotion path.
The Job/ Duties / Responsibilities
* Lead and manage a team locally and offshore
* Monthly management reporting, P&L analysis and detailed commentary
* Manage the group tax function
* Assist management with treasury
* Set and maintain accounting policy in line with IFRS
* Perform consolidations
* Lead technical support on finance and business projects
* Prepare statutory accounts and lead internal/external audits
* Lead month end completion ensuring complete balance sheet integrity
* Implement ongoing process improvements and efficiencies
* Support the CFO and Executive team with key business projects and M&A activities
* Be the SME driving systems implementations/integrations
* Support the Executive team with the preparation of board reports and memos.
You are a CA qualified professional with a strong training ground from a Big 4 or a mid-tier firm. You ideally have post professional services experience and are currently supporting month end or are in a group function for a complex listed or private organisation. You are ready to step up and take end to end ownership and be fast tracked. You are an enthusiastic self-starter excited to work for a rapidly growing business and would enjoy the challenge of implementing process improvements to help the organisation meet its strategic objectives. You will have outstanding communication skills and be confident in building relationships with all levels of the organisation. You are system savvy and feel confident using multiple ERP systems.
Culture & Benefits
The business is innovative and prides itself on creating a strong and collaborative culture that supports the development of its team.
* Join in spirit - bring your energy helping the business scale
* Be rewarded for your passion - $140 - $150k + Super + Free Parking + Benefits
* Grow with the business - be pivotal in enabling decisions to be made in shaping performance drivers as part of a growth success story
An agile and fast growing division of a globally listed top global brand, this Technology brand is relentlessly focused on delivering high growth and strong performance to benefit both customers and investors. A home to 10 + leading market brands, this organisation is growing strength by strength and would suit an ambitious candidate looking to grow with a highly successful business.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Tom Betteridge, quoting reference number TBFM4386 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.