Location: Sydney CBD
Salary package: $60k - $65k + Super +Parking - Temp to Perm
Role highlight: Be part of a leading organisation that awaits a motivated individual that values a supportive team environment and growth opportunities.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, this Credit Officer will be involved in the department's compliance with specific credit policies. You will have the responsibility for ensuring payments are paid in a timely manner and also processing invoices. You will be responsible for managing large volumes of calls and enquires. As a Credit Officer you will be part of the end to end process of all accounting duties including the management of stock. The successful candidate demonstrates strong verbal and written skills to provide advice on customer enquiries and internal stakeholders. This role is primarily focused on service delivery, which will suit an easygoing, collaborative and thoroughly experienced Credit Officer. Your ability to work under pressure in difficult situations and excellent communication skills will demonstrate your dedication in maintaining key stakeholders. Therefore, the key success factor is your ability to effectively communicate, handle difficult situations and collaborate within a team.
In order to be successful for this role you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Managing a ledger of a high volume of active customers
- Responsible for managing high volumes of calls to ensure payments adhere to specified terms and policies.
- Full function accounts receivable duties
- Respond efficiently to customer and internal stakeholders enquiries and develop a solution accordingly.
- Critically analyse outstanding payments aligned with company polices and standards.
- Ensure the accuracy and documentation of accounts and collection activity.
- Handling large ledgers, rebates as well as claims and collections.
- Cash application and receipting
- Assist in the management of stocktake and processing invoices
- Handling purchase orders through an ERP software
- Chasing overdue payments
You have demonstrated your experience as a Credit Officer with a minimum of 2- 3 years in a credit role. As a Credit Officer, you have shown your ability to manage high volumes of active accounts. As a Credit Officer, you will come from strong credit controller background. You have demonstrated your ability to be proficient in managing extensive volumes of customer's queries over the phone. You will also have shown the ability to manage a large ledger on your own. As a Credit Officer, you will have a drive to learn new systems and apply accordingly. This Credit Officer must have exceptional communication skills and is able to articulate to customer and key stakeholders effectively. You must also possess strong computer skills, specifically with the use of Microsoft (PC based) software and database systems. Candidate that also have exposure to Peoplesoft will be high regarded. The successful candidate will also possess influencing skills who will thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment, and has an attention to detail.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
Join this leading Australian business that is passionate about developing solutions to meet customer demand and deliver quality products. This company values team collaboration and requires a person with a thirst for high paced environments. The company is seeking an experienced and collaborative Credit Controller to join the team with growth opportunities.
- Family-oriented workplace culture
- Competitive salary of $60k - $65k + Super + Parking
- Immediate start; growth opportunities; temp to perm opportunity
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing "Bhrizel Del Rosario", quoting reference number BDR4745 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.