Location: Sydney CBD Fringe
Salary: $65k + super + close to public transport
Role Benefit: Utilise your leadership and investigations skills within the banking sector focusing on the Credit Card Fraud network.
This Credit Control Officer will be reporting to the Credit Control Supervisor and will responsible for all administrative related tasks involving credit cards, personal loans, overdrawn savings, over limit overdrafts and home loan arrears. Including providing assistance and support to the Financial Controller as well as the team.
This Credit Control Officer will be working with internal stakeholders as well as external agencies and departments.
- Investigate & assess outstanding payments in adherence with Company policies and processes
- Manage portfolio of arrear clients
- Identify problem accounts and takes necessary action in a timely manner to minimise any losses
- Ensure accuracy of database and maintain accurate and current documentation on accounts and collection activity
- Identify and analyse historical data on past due accounts
- Assist members who are in financial difficulty (i.e. negotiating suitable arrangements for repayment or offering alternative methods of resolving problems)
- Hardship management and consultation
- Ensure accounts being referred to collections agents for collection activities or legal action are issued with concise instructions, cost effective and completed in a timely manner
- Prepare and reports accounts to write off each month
- Conduct reviews of inactive loans in advance
You are currently in a similar role with a minimum of 2 years' experience and looking for the next step in your career with a well-known and growing Australian bank.
You bring a strong understanding of the current financial market and able to pay extremely high attention to detail as well as can think outside the box.
To be a stand out candidate for this role you should be able to display great customer service, prevention focused and have immaculate communication skills to be able to engage and educate both internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Credit Control Officer role
- Sound knowledge of Australian banking and regulatory controls especially around home loans, personal loans and credit cards
- Demonstrate persuasiveness, deliver results and be able to negotiate skilfully
- Ability to work in high volume and busy environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Proficient in office productivity suites in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to conduct scenario research using tools such as Google
- Proficient in constructing business appropriate emails
- Solid understanding of mathematical concepts
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This agile and popular Australian bank persistently focuses on delivering high growth and strong performance to benefit both customers and investors. Growing strength by strength this would be ideal place to work for an ambitious candidate looking to grow with a highly successful business.
- Fantastic team culture - warm and supportive environment
- Rewarding remuneration - $65k + Super
- Great career opportunities and close to public transport
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Sharlini Rajasingham quoting reference number SRCCO4642 in the subject line. Please allow up to 5 working days for us to process all applications. All applicants will receive feedback via either email or a telephone call.