Location: Inner West; Free parking on-site
Salary: $165 - $175k + Super
Role Benefit: Fantastic opportunity to elevate your career in a true business partnering role focussed on driving the business forward. Succession plan to CFO within 2-3 years.
Reporting to the CFO, this Commercial Finance Manager will support the strategic planning and commercial analysis for the largest and most visible business unit for this organisation. The focus of the role is to drive value and growth through commercial reporting to enable effective decision making. The Commercial Finance Manager will have day to day responsibility for managing the commercial and financial performance of the business, embedding themselves in the operational aspects of the organisation to enhance their position as a true business partner.
The key success factor will be your curiosity and connectedness that supports your ability to deliver value to your business partners.
There are four critical components to this role. The first 2 are commercial analysis and commercial support to critical stakeholders. How will the successful Commercial Finance Manager do this? By having the right conversations with the business that will inspire the right business actions. The next two components are Month End Reporting and Budgeting / Forecasting. If you are a Finance/Commercial Manager that's yearning for a role with a focus on business partnering and decision support; this might be the one for you.
- Take full ownership for the monthly management reporting pack by managing and co-ordinating your team
- Commercial "insight and analysis" performance reporting providing commentary across both financial and non-financial metrics.
- Drive insights led analysis that supports growth in margin such as through pricing architecture and cost management as well as with the improvement in balance sheet position
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process that facilitates clarity of assumptions and targets across both P&L and balance sheet.
- Proactively review key risks and opportunities across the business and engage your business partners in supporting the tactical execution of initiatives to close gaps, mitigate risks and leverage opportunities
- Grow and nurture a large high performing team of more than 10 people (locally and overseas), ensuring engagement and alignment with key stakeholders
You are highly energetic and entrepreneurial in your thinking, wishing to be in a critical role driving performance for a business. You are CPA/CA qualified and have a strong understanding of P&L and balance sheet levels, ideally coming out of an FMCG/Supply Chain organisation.
Currently you are sitting in a Commercial Manager or Finance Manager position within a large FMCG or Retailer. With exceptional communication skills that you leverage in shaping positive working relationships, you are flexible in working through ambiguity in a fast pace environment. A passion for continuous improvement and taking things to the next level is at the core of who you are.
Culture & Benefits
This fast-paced large FMCG business maintains well-known brands in the Australian marketplace and provides fantastic opportunities for further career advancement for the right person.
- Grow your career - broaden your business acumen in a key leadership role
- Be rewarded - $165 - $175k + Super
- Share a passion - be part of a business that is passionate about what they do
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Richard Skaf quoting reference number RSCM3778 in the subject line. For a confidential chat, please contact REO on 02 8211 3488.