Salary: salary $150k + Super + Bonus + Car
Location: Western Suburbs
Role: significant opportunity to make a difference and drive business growth through leadership and influence
Reporting to the local CFO of this global organisation, this Commercial Controller takes full ownership for the development and management of the business' financial and commercial strategic performance. With a core focus on driving commercial opportunities to grow the business, you will leverage your commercial experience to influence and elevate the business in the delivery of enhanced business performance.
The Commercial Controller has primary day-to-day responsibility for driving the financial and operational performance through a combination of financial analysis, alignment of forward looking plans based on sound assumptions, management of risks and opportunities as well as providing overall management of cost control. With full ownership across P&L and balance sheet, this is a unique opportunity to embed yourself in the business and add value.
The key success factor will be your ability to drive financial and operational leadership to the business beyond just the financials and the strength of communication in influencing your stakeholders.
- Lead the business' commercial performance reporting to drive actionable insights and analysis across the P&L and balance sheet, focussed on sales, margin, cost control, inventory management as well as a range of business metrics.
- Drive the development and shape of forward looking plans that are aligned to strategic priorities through the setting of business targets, budgets and forecasts that are based on a sound assumptions and key operational drivers.
- Proactively work with the business to identify and manage key financial and operational risks and opportunities. Work collaboratively in shaping scenarios and discussion to continue to drive the business forward through 'out of the box' thinking.
- Deliver strategic thought leadership to support the planning and execution of business plans, actively challenging your business partners to promote business growth whilst also ensuring financial governance
- Act as a trusted business partner and sounding board for the financial / commercial impacts of business decisions.
- Coach and mentor a commercial finance team as well as your non-finance business partners, supporting people's growth and elevation to be the best they can be.
You are a highly energetic and agile CA/CPA qualified finance professional, ideally coming out of FMCG and with deep experience in commercial influence and leadership. With a significant focus on business partnering, you bring a natural talent to engage and grow positive relationships around you which you leverage to elevate your people and the business.
You are passionate about engaging your stakeholders to drive a business forward and hold a strength in communication that sets you apart.
Culture & Benefits
The organisation is a highly regarded brand in the consumer goods import and distribution industry with a history for innovation that puts customers first.
- Immerse yourself in a passion - be pivotal in the leadership of the commercial finance function
- Elevate for growth - drive commercial success beyond just the numbers
- Be rewarded - salary $150k + Super + Bonus + Car
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Tom Nisevic quoting reference number TNCC3670 in the subject line.