Salary: salary $80k + Super
Location: Western Suburbs
Role Benefit: opportunity to move more into the business partnering space by driving insights from divisional results
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this Commercial Accountant takes ownership for driving the management of results at a site level incorporating both actual results as well as forward looking plans. The Financial Accountant has primary day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of monthly results across both the P&L and Balance Sheet, including posting of journals, preparation of reconciliations, supporting the development of budgets and forecasts and business partnering at a site level to deliver insights.
The key success factor will be your ability to step out of the numbers and think commercially.
- Take ownership for the completion of timely and accurate month end results, including review and preparation of journals
- Ensure general ledger reconciliations are completed and cleared in a timely manner
- Provide weekly reviews of actual site level performance to forecast incorporating insights for key variance drivers
- Support the development of forward looking plans including budgets and forecasts
- Partner with operational teams to drive performance to targets including actions to manage any risks and opportunities
- Provide accounting advice where required
- Contribute to a continuous improvement mindset by identifying and driving initiatives to improve efficiencies in processes
- Ensure a strong internal controls environment including alignment within a SOX framework
- Help mentor and develop a team of Assistant Accountants and contribute to a broader positive team culture
You are a preferably a CA/CPA qualified professional that has a natural curiosity in the way you work and a desire to business partner.
Comfortable working in a high volume, fast paced environment you have great prioritisation and communication skills and are able to engage your stakeholders in ensuring your work is completed on time, every time.
Prior experience in a logistics function and US reporting requirements would be highly regarded.
Culture & Benefits
The organisation is a market leader in its industry and is highly focussed on supporting the development of its people.
With an opportunity to grow your business partnering skills, this is a great role to take the next step in your career and personal development.
- Immerse yourself in the business - have full ownership for results across P&L and Balance Sheet
- Be rewarded - salary $80k + Super
- Grow your career - expand your business acumen across business partnering and people mentoring
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Sharlini Rajasingham quoting reference number SRCA4465 in the subject line.