- High growth, entrepreneurial Australian business
- Salary $150K + Super + Bonus
- Act as 2IC to the CEO in a broad finance and operationally focused role
Salary package: $150K + Super + Bonus
Role highlights: Australian grown business with global expansion plans; opportunity to drive huge impact and add value; develop your general management skills by contributing to operational effectiveness beyond finance.
As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) you will report and act as the 2IC to the CEO by taking end to end ownership of all financial aspects while also supporting broader operational aspects of the business. The CFO has primary day-to-day responsibility for overseeing the financial performance, governance and control of the business as well as working strategically with the Executive Leadership Team in helping shape the business for its next stage of growth.
The key success factor will be your passion in taking a hands-on approach in establishing best practice finance and business processes and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Take ownership and leadership for control and governance relating to all finance and accounting requirements for the business, including month end results, reporting, payroll, banking, payables and receivables and taxes
- Maintain and update all cost accounting calculations, bill of materials etc, providing ongoing clarity of cost of business and pricing considerations
- Drive insight led business results reporting and analysis that support key decision making on top line and gross margin growth
- Ensure the completion of group management reporting and Board reporting requirements
- Proactively manage cashflow and funding requirements through working capital reviews, cashflow forecasts, funding requests and banking relationships, management of supplier and customer credit terms
- Review marketplace trends and risks and implement risk mitigation strategies that support optimal business performance, such as through exchange rate risk
- Drive the business’ planning cycles including both annual budgets and ongoing forecasts ensuring alignment with business strategy and group targets
- Ensure all compliance matters are performed including local tax lodgements, audits, statutory reporting, insurance etc
- Support business case development and assessment, such as capital investment and growth initiatives
You are an experienced financial controller or CFO in a small to medium sized organisation who thrives in an environment where you can be part of the business, and have no issues in rolling up your sleeves to get into the detail. Currently as a stand-alone finance role, you bring broad technical finance knowledge while it is your ability to think operationally beyond the numbers, as well as your people and stakeholder management skills that sets you apart.
A finance related degree and CA/CPA qualification is a given and ideally you have recent exposure to a manufacturing environment with a strong knowledge in the calculation of bills of material or product costing.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
The Company is an Australian success story and with specialised product offering has aspirations of global expansion. With a powerful mission and set of values, this provides a unique opportunity for a finance and operational leader to really have an impact across a business while being part of a growth journey.
- Be the right hand to the CEO – build your broader general management skills beyond just finance
- Be rewarded for your efforts – salary $150K + Super + Bonus
- Be part of a growth journey – help set the foundations for exponential growth
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking “apply”. Please allow 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.