Salary: salary up to $220k + Super + Bonus
Location: Western Suburbs
Role: key leadership role driving the group's commercial investment decisions across capital and acquisition transactions
Reporting to the Group Controller, this Capital & Acquisitions Manager takes hands on ownership for driving the group's capital investment decisions, including commercial business acquisitions, capital investment opportunities, capital returns, as well as shaping the group's investment hurdle requirements.
The Capital & Acquisitions Manager has primary day-to-day responsibility for shaping the business' commercial decision making around the allocation of capital and will also have significant involvement in a range of ad hoc projects to support the group's growth agenda. Working closely with both corporate and business unit leadership teams, you will shape the assessment of ROI around the allocation of capital and guide best practice across the group. The key success factor will be your ability to think outside the box and the strength of communication in shaping key business decisions.
- Lead group's M&A activity in a hands on capacity working closely with in-house teams through due diligence processes, risk analysis and alignment with broader strategies
- Oversight of the group's capital investment requests, including assessment of business cases and alignment with group strategic priorities and budgets
- Manage the group's delegation of authority and capital allocation policies, ensuring stakeholder alignment
- Support the assessment of group structural arrangements, dividend and broader capital funding considerations
- Proactively engage the business units across the group to act as trusted commercial partner in supporting business unit acquisition and capital investment decisions
- Egnage a broad range of stakeholders across the group in shaping best practice capital decisions, including risk, tax, FP&A, corporate and the Board
- Contribute to ad hoc projects
- Lead a small team as a passionate leader, actively supporting the growth and wellbeing of your people
You are an agile finance professional with deep experience in capital and acqiuisition decision making. Ideally with a background in chartered, you bring hands on, commerciald thinking in supporting a business to grow. A natural problem solver, you approach each situation with an open mind and bring curiosity in helping create value.
You may be currently in a transactional services role in the chartered environment or already in commercial helping shape the right investment of capital.
Culture & Benefits
The organisation is a well known corporate with a strong acquisition agenda to support its growth strategy. This is not a transactional execution role, but a broader commercial partnering role where you can truelly add value and support the strategic growth of the business.
- Broad commercial focus - exposure across a range of business transactions and capital investment business cases
- Influence growth - be a key driver in shaping the group's growth pathway
- Be rewarded - salary up to $220k + Super + Bonus
- Step change your career - future corporate or divisional leadership opportunities for the right candidate
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Tom Nisevic quoting reference number TNCAM3990 in the subject line.