Location: Homebush surrounds; close to public transport
Salary: $60 - $65k + Super
Role Benefit: Focus on process improvement, employer of choice, vibrant culture.
This well known organisation has a global presence in over 100 countries and has been in operation in Australia for over 50 years. This business has a steep and positive growth plan for the coming years. As the Billings Officer you will work in a friendly, supportive team environment where you will be challenged to meet your monthly targets and KPIs.
As the Billings Officer, you will be reporting to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for the production of accurate and timely invoicing to clients across Australia and New Zealand and timely recognition of revenue and explanation of variance to budget.
Your main mandate will include a vareity of key areas including billing and sales order management, month end reporting, compliance and team collobaration.
Your key dutiies will include:
- Custodian of the billing process and training.
- Review and approve Sales Orders ensuring codes, profit centers and billings phasing are correct and in line with the client contract, and appropriate supporting documentation has been provided.
- Monitor status of outstanding sales orders, driving shorter billing cycles and better working capital management.
- Issue invoices based on properly approved sales orders and in accordance with the agreed invoicing schedule.
- Build strong relationships with the client service teams.
- Review of billings and revenue on a monthly basis against budget and forecasts and work with the commercial teams on explanations for the variances.
- Ensure that appropriate checks are performed for new clients before they are set up in the system and cleared for trading.
- Work with Accounts receivable team to drive collections from clients within agreed credit terms
- Work with the commercial finance team on month end revenue accruals.
- Provide monthly report on status of outstanding sales orders, including outstanding client purchase orders.
- Support the year-end audit process.
You are an experienced Billings Officer with a minimum of 2-3 years experience. You ideally have experience from a subscription based billing background coming from Software, Advertising, Publishing or insurance. You are someone who thrives on a challenge and enjoys a fast paced working environment. You have excellent problem solving and negotiating skills and a keen eye for detail. You are level headed and have the ability to remain calm under pressure. You ideally have an understanding of revenue recognition and previous experience with NetSuite is advantagous.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below quoting reference number RSBO3643 in the subject line.