- US listed multinational Beauty and Cosmetics brand name giant
- Be rewarded $70-80k + Super
- Full function month end role; contribute to sales, Operations and Marketing
Location: North Ryde
Salary: $70k – 80k + Super
Role Benefit: Full function month end role; contribute to sales and marketing and be a finance business partner.
The local finance team sits at the corporate head office in North Ryde and is seeking an assertive Assistant Management Accountant to join the Finance team. Reporting to the Management Accountant this Assistant Management Accountant will have responsibility for the monthly management reporting for the Australian and New Zealand businesses. You will support the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process across the business; this will mean your interaction and ability to influence sales and marketing is imperative to the success of this role. This Assistant Management Accountant will also have end to end responsibility for monthly management reporting and month end close for the New Zealand business and assist the management accountant in month end preparation for the Australian entity. On a day to day basis you will have control on managing direct expenses and pricing across the business – this will cover the costs associated with promotional activity such as display units, markdowns and discounts. As a business partner, the Assistant Management Accountant will need to liaise with the Sales & Marketing team on a regular basis to bring insight and controls around relevant sales KPIs across all product categories.
With full responsibility for the New Zealand P&L, you will need to prepare all transactional entries for sales and direct expenses, including accruals, sales adjustments and any ad hoc adjustments. This is a perfect role for a candidate with a huge thirst for knowledge and a desire to learn and grow in a finance function
- Assist with submission of forecasts and budgets to HFM system for the Pacific region including performing error & accuracy crosschecks and preparing reports
- Assist the Finance team with preparing local and international management reporting and budget/forecast presentations
- Pricing entry in SAP and filing of SOX documentation for list prices, commercial discounts and rebate configurations in SAP
- Support Management Accountants with Brand Support expenses
- Local management of permanent wall asset register and department store refit capital expense and liaising for creation and disposal of assets
- Preparation and posting of various reclassification and month end journals on a timely basis including Sales Return Reserve, Cash discounts
- Assist Accountants with ROI P+Ls based on information supplied by the marketing department
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations – Provide timely monthly reconciliation of assigned accounts including Sales Return Reserve, Accrued Rebates to Customer, Accrued Marketing Demo
- Assist and adhere to SOX compliance including preparation of SOX testing support for review by Accountants. Identify areas of improvement in internal control
- You have proven Tertiary Qualifications in Finance
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related role
- You have a desire to work in a high performing result driven team environment
- You have good organization skills and the ability to prioritise and work within tight deadlines
- You have strong general ledger reconciliation skills and attention to detail
- You have the a bility to analyse, challenge the status quo, present alternatives and form conclusions
- You have previous experience with ERP systems in medium/large companies
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This brands can be found in multiple retail channels; department stores, discount department stores, pharmacy and grocery. The company enjoys expressing the local entrepreneurial spirit as they allow their people to strive for innovation and are encouraged to let creative juices flow.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is ASAA5425. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.