- Global leader in the logistics sector; national and international presence
- Be rewarded with $33p/h - $35p/h + Super + Parking Onsite
- Immediate Start; prime location close to home; close-knit culture
Location: Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Rate: $33p/h – $35p/h + Super
Role highlight: Leading Australian business seeks a driven Assistant Accountant that demonstrates a willingness to grow and be part of an innovative industry.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be directly reporting to Finance Manager, and will responsible for all month end duties. In his role, you are primarily focusing on delivering upon journal posting, preparation of balance sheet reconciliation and P&L statements. Furthermore, a vital part of your role is involvement in weekly and monthly reporting. The role will allow you to closely liaise with customers and top management.
As an Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for managing process improvements and develop strategies to improve operational activity. You will also be involved in managing business partnerships to maintain key stakeholders. Part of this role will also involve contributing to the implementation of a new system and projecting reporting.
To be a successful Assistant Accountant, you will have demonstrated a strong discipline and communication skills in your previous roles. You will have demonstrated a conscientious mindset to complete tasks and achieve targets.
- Managing full month-end close processes in a timely manner
- Assist in the management of month end procedures including processing accruals, prepayments and journals.
- Responsible for liaising with regional based Accountants and handling queries with key stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation and development of monthly, quarterly and yearly management reports.
- Facilitate month end processing and preparation for financial documents
- Ensure that monthly fixed assets reporting is accurate
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and managers in resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Critically analysing and developing balance sheet reconciliation.
- Analysing large volumes of data through Excel and internal ERP systems.
- Responsible for working with the Finance team with adhoc duties and administration tasks.
As a successful candidate you will have demonstrated experience in a medium to large organisation. You will also be studying towards or have completed your CA/CPA. You will have shown your high attention to detail and productivity in fast paced environment. You are result-oriented and value achieving high results. Your strongest characteristics is navigating data and processing information in ERP Systems. Candidates who also possess experience in the logistics or transport industry will be highly regarded. Hence, the successful candidate will have the ability to effectively complete month end duties and contribute to the growth of the organisation.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
Become part of this leading Australian building organisation that values candidates that resolve issues efficiently and values growth. This company values an individual that is motivated by learning new systems and process improvement. They are passionate about taking on an individual that is willing to contribute to the future long term success of the organisation. This leading company is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Accountant to join the team and provides opportunities to grow in their respective careers.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below addressing “Bhrizel Del Rosario”, quoting reference number BDR5099 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 – 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.