Location: Location: South Western Sydney
Salary: $65k to $70K + Super + Study Support + Onsite Parking
Role Benefit: Rare opportunity for driven Assistant Accountant to work with an organisation that has a great training and development and plenty of career progression; CPA/CA mentorship and study support
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this Assistant Accountant will be responsible for all month end related duties including journals, general ledger and bank reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, as well as assisting in management commentaries. Furthermore, a large part of your role will involve assisting in month-end reporting. In addition to this, you will assist in performance and variance analysis, as well as compliance issues relating to taxation obligations. This Assistant Accountant will also be involved in the preparation of key stakeholder reports and you will have the opportunity to participate in team ad-hoc projects.
As this role develops, you will have the opportunity to progress within the business and be involved in more complex finance and business issues. Therefore, the successful Assistant Financial Accountant will be career focussed and hungry for success.
- Prepare reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations for all entities
- Undertake month end close procedures including processing accruals, prepayments and all associated journal
- Assisting with the preparation and production of monthly, quarterly and yearly management reports
- Work closely with team members to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial reports
- Ensure all fixed assets are correctly captured, categorized and entered into system with accurate depreciation calculations that is reconciled to the General Ledger at least once a month.
- Ensure the monthly fixed assets reporting is accurate on a Tax and Accounting basis and reporting is complete and efficient.
- Implement and monitor fixed asset policy
- Back up for Accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
You are a degree qualified Assistant Accountant with intentions to enrol in your CA/CPA or are partway through. You have some experience as an Assistant Accountant within a large organisation, processing journal entries and reconciliations. You will benefit from being analytical and enjoy solving complex problems You would consider yourself highly motivated, deadline driven and a self-starter. You bring impeccable communication skills and show resilience and agility in the way you work. Your ability to engage and influence in a complex environment across multiple stakeholders will set you apart for success in this role
Culture & Benefits
With a strong focus on values and behaviours, this company is focussed on creating a tight knit and highly supportive culture. As the business continues to grow at a double digit rate there is a real focus on continuous improvement of all business processes.
The successful applicant who takes the Assistant Accountantant role will have the opportunity to progress within the next 18 months as the company continues to experience high growth. High growth within this company will present the successful application with opportunity for stellar career growth.
This company has positioned itself as a market leader in the logistics and transporation industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global brand name that prides itself in a work hard play hard environment. Most importantly within their culture is also distilling work life balance As the company continues to grow, they are now seeking an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team to take a hands on and leading role in supporting this fast-paced business.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the apply link below addressing Archana Rao quoting reference number ARAA3902 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.