Salary: $60k - $65k + Super
Role Benefit: Develop your career within a global commercial environment through comprehensive training and structured progression.
Role Overview/ Description
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, this Assistant Accountant will be instrumental in supporting the business in timely and accurate month-end results. You will be responsible for the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet items and maintaining the asset register. This Assistant Accountant will drive the completion of reporting packs and provide analysis on results. You will ensure the integrity of the general ledger and perform various ad hoc duties as requested by the Senior Financial Accountant. This Assistant Accountant will effectively meet the business growth strategy through improving the overall performance of the accounting systems. Strong communication skills and a desire to learn and develop is critical to the success of this role.
The Job/ Duties/ Responsibilities
- Drive the accurate and timely completion of month end close, journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheets
- Ensure the completion of the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet items and maintaining the asset register
- Prepare the monthly reporting packs including budgeting, forecasts, variance analysis and KPI's
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger
- Provide ad hoc projects and other duties as requested by the Senior Financial Accountant
- Strive to meet the organisational business growth strategy through improving the overall performance of the accounting systems
You are degree qualified and have either completed or are currently studying towards a CA or CPA qualification. You have experience in processing journal entries and reconciliations and are proficient in assisting with month end management reporting. Exposure to SOX compliance is preferred. You have extensive experience as an Assistant Accountant and have a desire to develop and grow in your career. To be successful in this role you will possess strong communication skills and a motivated attitude.
This ASX listed company has a large presence within their sector and is one of the leaders in their industry. Due to organic growth, a need has arisen for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to join their fast-paced team. This company provides their staff with excellent employee benefits. You will be a key figure in the finance team and therefore you will have the opportunity to diversity your skills and enter the next stage of your career.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Clare Williams quoting reference number CWAP3376 in the subject line.