Location: Macquarie Park
Salary package: $60k - $65k + Super
Role highlight: A rare opportunity awaits an experienced Assistant Accountant with a drive to work towards targets and works well in a team as part of a large organisation.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, this Assisstant Accountant will be responsible for all month-end processing for the group. This role is primarily focused on delivering full month end duties including journal posting, balance sheet and bank reconciliations, profit and loss statements and fixed assets. In addition, a significant part your role will involve liaising with stakeholders regarding specific queries over the phone. As a Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for managing process improvements and develop strategies to improve operational activity. You will also be involved in managing business partnerships to maintain key stakeholders.
In order to thrive as an Assistant Accountant, you will have demonstrated strong communication skills and a conscientious mindset to complete tasks. Currently there is a high volume of bank reconciliations to be completed and a drive to manage process improvements is needed.
- Managing full month-end close processes in a timely manner
- Assist in the management of month end procedures including processing accruals, prepayments and journals.
- Responsible for liaising with regional based Accountants and handling queries with key stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation and development of monthly, quarterly and yearly management reports.
- Use SAP to facilitate month end processing and preparation for financial documents
- Ensure that monthly fixed assets reporting is accurate
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and managers in resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Critically analysing and developing balance sheet reconciliation.
- Analysing large volumes of data through Excel and internal ERP systems.
- Responsible for working with the Finance team with adhoc duties and administration tasks.
To be considered for the position of an Assistant Accountant you will have demonstrated some experience in a medium to large size organisation as an Accountant and you are CPA/CA part qualified. You will have shown your ability to complete tasks in a high pressure environment and have an attention to detail. Furthermore, your proactive and results-orientated attitude will contribute in achieving results in a timely manner. Your strong verbal and liaising skills are one of your strengths and you feel confident in navigating and processing data in Excel. Exposure to systems such as SAP is essential. Therefore, the successful candidate will possess the ability to be resilient in completing extensive month-end processing and demonstrate a willingness to implement effective change within the company.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
Join this leading organisation that values candidates that are driven to resolve issues through innovative measures. This company also values an individual that is motivated towards meeting customer needs. They are passionate about taking on an individual that is willing to contribute to the future long term success of the organisation. This leading company is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Accountant to join the team and provides opportunities to grow in their respective careers.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing "Bhrizel Del Rosario", quoting reference number BDR4693 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.