Location: Parramatta Surrounds
Salary: $60k to $65K + Super + Onsite Parking + Bonus in Year 2
Role Benefit: Rare opportunity for driven Assistant Accountant to work with an organisation that offers great training and mentoring by the Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this Assistant Accountant will be responsible for all month end related duties including journals, general ledger and bank reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, as well as assisting in management commentaries. Furthermore, a large part of your role will involve assisting in month-end reporting. In addition to this, you will assist in performance and variance analysis, as well as compliance issues relating to taxation obligations. This Assistant Accountant will also be involved in the preparation of key stakeholder reports and you will have the opportunity to participate in team ad-hoc projects.
As the company continues to grow, they are now seeking an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team to take a hands on and leading role in supporting this business.
- Prepare reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Undertake month end close procedures including processing accruals, prepayments and all associated journal
- Assisting with the preparation and production of monthly, quarterly and yearly management reports
- Work closely with team members to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial reports
- Ensure the monthly fixed assets reporting is accurate on a Tax and Accounting basis and reporting is complete and efficient.
- To assist with the preparation of statutory reports as required, including FBT, payroll tax and annual tax returns.
- To prepare the monthly payroll in an accurate and timely manner
- To assist the Finance team with ad hoc requests as required. This includes processing stock adjustments, processing stock receipts, fixed asset reviews, participation in stocktakes etc
- Degree qualified Assistant Accountant with intentions to enrol in your CA/CPA or are partway through
- Some experience as an Assistant Accountant within a small or medium size organisation, processing journal entries and reconciliations
- Motivated, deadline driven and a self-starter
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills and show resilience and agility in the way you work
- Ideally someone who can drive
The Company Culture & Benefits
Leading Australian owned manufacturer of branded consumable products. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a local brand name that prides itself in a work hard play hard environment. Most importantly within their culture is also distilling work life balance
- Strong focus on training and mentoring.
- Focussed on creating a tight knit and highly supportive culture.
- Earn and learn, great salary $60k-65k+ Super + Bonus (Year 2)
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the apply link below addressing Maleeha Zahoor quoting reference number MZAA4570 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications.