Location: Smithfields (Surrounds)
Salary package: $60k - $65k + Super
Role highlight or mandate: Excellent opportunities for career progression, flexible leave entitlements and best in class L&D program
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, this Assistant Accountant is responsible for all month end related duties including bank reconciliations, journal posting and accruals and prepayments. On a monthly basis, you will be assisting with month-end reporting and tax compliance. This Assistant Accountant will also analyse and present data to various divisions within the organisation. This will be done on a weekly basis. Your daily duties will include processing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and some payroll duties. Strong communication skills and a desire to learn and develop is critical to the success of this role.
- Prepare reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations for all entities
- Undertake month end close procedures including processing accruals, prepayments and all associated journal
- Assisting with the preparation and production of monthly, quarterly and yearly management reports
- Work closely with team members to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial reports
- Ensure all fixed assets are correctly captured, categorized and entered into system with accurate depreciation calculations that is reconciled to the General Ledger at least once a month.
- Ensure the monthly fixed assets reporting is accurate on a Tax and Accounting basis and reporting is complete and efficient
- Implement and monitor fixed asset policy
- Back up for Accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
You are degree qualified and have either completed or are currently studying towards a CA or CPA qualification. You have experience in processing journal entries and reconciliations and are proficient in assisting with month end management reporting. To be successful in this role you will possess fantastic communication skills and a positive and motivated attitude. You have some previous experience as an Assistant Accountant and have a desire to develop and grow in your career.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This global consumer goods conglomerate is one of the world's fastest growing companies in its sector. They are a top 3 market leader in Australia and have growth plans to be number 1 by 2020. The company's rapid expansion and growth in recent years has led to the need for an Assistant Accountant to join its high performing finance team. This organisation has a strong culture of supporting their employees and is a known employer of choice.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Anmol Singh, quoting reference number ASAA4361 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.