Location: Southwest Sydney
Salary package: $60-70K Package
Role highlight: Convenient location; work close to home; onsite parking; great working environment
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this Assistant Accountant will make up part of a fun and tight knit team. On a day to day basis this Assistant Accountant will have full function responsibility over the accounts payable/receivable, Month end and inventory functions. Your duties will include processing up to 200 invoices per day; matching, batching, coding. You will be responsible for uploading all invoices and as a result you'll be expected to have excellent data entry speed and accuracy. You will liaise with suppliers, and manage their reconciliations while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the generating and printing of supplier documentation and payment terms. Prior experience supplier reconciliation, journal entries, accruals and extensive payment runs is a must as well as inventory management.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a very well-known Australian brand name. The successful candidate will be a dynamic Assistant Accountant who is rigorous and accurate in their work and enjoys being part of a social team environment. They are very much a family team and work with each other to get the job done.
You will be assisting and preparing:
- End to end accountability for the accounts payable and receivable function nationally.
- Manually process up to 200 invoices per day including matching, batching & coding
- Process all GL updates, Accruals, prepayments and Intercompany reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations for all entities
- Inventory management and all related p.o's
- Process employee expenses monthly
- Assisting with month end closing
- Reconciling of general ledger accounts
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to invoice
- Daily bank, GL and supplier account reconciliations
- Reconciling expenses, i.e. credit cards, staff expenses, etc.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Weekly and Monthly payment runs
- Credit applications as required
The suitable Assistant Accountant will be able to demonstrate the below experience:
- Minimum 4 years end to end Assistant Accountant experience with responsibility across accounts payable/receivable and payroll.
- All month end duties along with a sound understanding with inventory and stock management will also be advantageous
- Strong understanding of three way matching process
- Strong understanding of month end closing and reporting
- Experience with statutory reporting will be highly regarded
- High attention to detail and data entry accuracy imperative
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Intermediate excel capabilities - v lookup and pivot tables is a must
- Exposure to large ERP system is preferred
The Company, Culture & Benefits
With 30 years of experience in international mobility solutions, this company is built on world-class products, experience of its team and excellence in customer service. Their culture of continuous innovation underpins an industry-leading proprietary technology platform.
There is lots of exposure and room for you to grow and further develop your career. They have great culture and are seeking a Assistant Accountant to join their growing and dynamic team.
- Impressive Package: $60-70K Package
- Perfect opportunity for a resilient Assistant Accountant
- On-site parking
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Maleeha Zahoor , quoting reference number MZAA4369 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.