Location: Western Sydney
Salary: $55k to $60k + Super + Study Support
Role Benefit: Opportunity for career progression; great training and development opportunity; CPA/CA mentorship and study support
Reporting to the Divisional Finance Manager, this Assistant Accountant will be instrumental in the assisting of the preparation of corporate management reports including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements. You will be involved in all general ledger reconciliations, bank reconciliations and monthly accruals. This Assistant Accountant will also be responsible in assisting with intercompany reconciliations and journal entries as well as analysing interest rates and FX rates. In addition, you will be involved in assisting in FBT and GST returns as well as compiling reports for senior management and internal and external auditors. You will be using your expertise in programs such as MS Excel to present the data to the different divisions within the company.
- Preparation of monthly accounts, including the analysis of variances to budgeting and forecasting
- General ledger reconciliations including payroll clearing accounts and export/import ledger accounts
- Maintenance of the Asset Register
- Preparation of monthly reports for senior management
- Assisting with intercompany reconciliations and journal entries
- Assisting with analysis of interest rates and foreign exchange rates
You are a degree qualified Assistant Accountant and are intending in enrolling in your CA/CPA or are partway through. You have some experience in journal entries and reconciliations and this technical experience gives you confidence with posting ad hoc accounting entries. You would consider yourself highly motivated, deadline driven and a self-starter. Chartered first time movers are also encouraged to apply. This person must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and display attributes of being a good team player, large ERP exposure would be an advantage. Must be able to drive as public transport is limited.
The Company, Culture & Benefits
This listed Australian company is a market leading consumer goods business and is one of the most well-known and reputable names in its sector. This company has numerous locations and employs thousands across the Asia Pacific region. With strong growth, it is the perfect opportunity for a talented Assistant Accountant to join their thriving finance team based in Western Sydney.
- Join a listed Australian organisation - Be a part of the team and growth of the business
- Be rewarded - $55k-$60k + Super + Study Support
- Grow your career - get a step into a role that will provide an opportunity for growth.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the "apply" link below addressing Maleeha Zahoor, quoting reference number MZAA4504 in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.